Start up error - File:\Boot\BCD status 0xc000000f

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try the method of using hte Recovery Disk. I know that these steps are safe as i have done them personally as a test. But i find it easier to try and use the media first.

I am getting this error as well. I have a Toshiba and don't have the same options aas some of the other users that have fixed theirs. Any ideas? I really need help!

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

File: \Boot\BCD
Status 0xc000000f

An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data."
hey!!!
i also have a toshiba and have this same problem. could u pls tell me what to do?

Hi guys.

I've got an HP Pavilion Notebook with VISTA Home Premium.

I tried to boot it up this morning and I have the following black screen error:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

File: \Boot\BCD
Status 0xc000000f

An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

I get the normal insert disk message, the thing is, I don't have a disk to run (rather foolishly I never burnt the disk from the partitioned drive)

Can anyone please help me?

Many thanks

Hi I have the same problem and I am a bit upset because I have a lot of important documents and wedding and other photos. I am desperate to recover the data as soon as possible. Please provide me instruction how to restore my files and repair the problem so that I won't make any mistake.

Fuzzykid

I URGENTLY need your help to resolve this matter and please advise me how to proceed to restore the files and fix the problem

Regards

FuzzyKid

The link in post 2 is down at the moment. When it comes back up I suggest following it through since it has solved the same issue for a number of other members. In the mean time you should still be able to access your data and create a backup using a linux liveCD.

Repairing the Windows Vista Bootloader - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

That is what you need to do. Repair the Vista bootloader. No disk. No problem. One is available for download from that wiki.

The link you gave us doesn't make any sense... please check it out

I feel I want to cry now...

I clicked the link and I GET this:

You cannot access Confluence at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons

Time Level Type Description Exception
2010-01-24 23:57:51 (EventLevel: fatal) (EventType: cluster) Database is being updated by an instance which is not part of the current cluster. You should check network connections between cluster nodes, especially multicast traffic. Your server id is: ANWZ-31IK-8U93-VV4O.

What the **** is that?!

Fuzzykid

That means exactly what kmote said 2 posts ago.

The link in post 2 is down at the moment. When it comes back up I suggest following it through since it has solved the same issue for a number of other members. In the mean time you should still be able to access your data and create a backup using a linux liveCD.

We have already given you information not once but twice on what you need to try. I answered right above your post and i gave a direct link in the thread you created. Please take the time to read what we are responding with before getting upset and flying off the handle.

I followed the steps in #2 exactly and chose the Recovering the Vista Bootloader from the DVD, downloaded the iso, burned the iso, set the 1st boot device to cd, then press any key... and the iso disk seems to be working, "windows is loading files..." with the grey recovery style progress bar then I see the windows logo splash and the green 'normal' windows loading bar and then it just stops...black screen, no cursor, no prompt and most importantly, no windows recovery with "Install Windows" header, no "Repair your computer" nothing but dead black space... 30 mins w/o change, restarted process several times, no change.

Any thoughts?

Edit to add: Out of desperation, I tried just putting in the Toshiba recovery CD and it did the EXACT same thing as described above...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom