Blue screen error again?

your first link activated my anti-virus and stopped access (highly suspicious web site?)
your second link is o.k. but you do not have to buy Windows 10 because you can download it from Microsoft itself and use your Windows 7 key to activate it. If this pc already had Windows 10 previously, then just install 10 and it will auto-activate when you go on line
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Last edited:
It like you've encountered several issues with your Windows operating systems, particularly with blue screen errors (BSOD) and Windows updates. Here are some steps to address your concerns:

1. Blue Screen Errors (BSOD):
    • Blue screen errors can be caused by various factors, including hardware and software issues. Ensure that your new hard drive is functioning correctly.
    • Check for hardware issues like faulty RAM or a failing hard drive. You mentioned upgrading your RAM; ensure it's compatible and properly installed.
    • Update your graphics and motherboard drivers to the latest versions from the manufacturer's website. Outdated drivers can cause BSODs.
    • Run a memory test using tools like Windows Memory Diagnostic to check for RAM issues.
  2. Windows Updates:
    • If you want to disable automatic updates on Windows 10, you can set your network connection to "Metered" in the settings. This will prevent automatic updates over a metered connection.
    • Be cautious when disabling updates as they often contain security patches.
    • For Windows 11, it's advisable to keep automatic updates enabled as they are essential for security and stability.
  3. Windows Version:
    • Newer operating systems like Windows 10 and Windows 11 are optimized for modern hardware. If you experience issues, it might be due to compatibility problems with older hardware like your Core 2 Duo processor.
    • Consider using Windows 7 or 8.1 only if your hardware is better suited for those versions.
  4. Clean Install:
    • If you continue experiencing issues, consider doing a clean install of your preferred Windows version. This will ensure a fresh start without any lingering driver or software conflicts.
  5. Data Backup:
    • Always back up your important data before making major changes to your operating system or hardware.
If the problems persist, it might be beneficial to seek assistance from a professional technician who can diagnose and resolve hardware-related issues. Additionally, ensure your hardware components are in good condition and compatible with the Windows version you intend to use.

My computer went blank completely as SMPS five year old just blew with a big flame of fire from the fan vent. So i replaced my SMPS power supply with a newer one, but still the motherboard was not getting to even BIOS loading. So i even replaced CMOS battery but it didn't helped. So i yesterday went to repair my motherboard to some MB repairer and he corrected some fault.
Now i am running my motherboard on on-board graphics. So my graphics card is inoperable.

My computer went blank completely as SMPS five year old just blew with a big flame of fire from the fan vent. So i replaced my SMPS power supply with a newer one, but still the motherboard was not getting to even BIOS loading. So i even replaced CMOS battery but it didn't helped. So i yesterday went to repair my motherboard to some MB repairer and he corrected some fault.
Now i am running my motherboard on on-board graphics. So my graphics card is inoperable.
Like I said, was hardware beyond the HDD that failed. Glad you got it square.

Try these fixes for blue screen error:

1. Start your system in Startup Mode.
2. Troubleshoot the BSOD error from Settings.
3. Try reinstalling the Windows.

Back
Top Bottom