my new dell 7010 DT not powering up using win7.

stevethebrain

In Runtime
my new dell 7010 DT not powering up using win7.Intel i5, 8gb ddr3 ram, 500GB OS SSD
been using my new dell for over a year (mainly to browse web) zero issues except the peskie you may have counterfeit software message which I just X away.

yesterday I install a new Samsumg EVO870 SSD (I cloned a HDD I had my win7 on + some files). worked great yesterday, I powered down as usale last night.

today when physicaley powering up w/ power button I observed the power button blicking rapidly. I'm getting 123VAC power to PC just won't boot up.

now the power button blicks slowely. do I need a new power supply. weird it was working great yesterday w/ new SSD.

before I start learning to test a power supply an it's related pins, doe's Dells power button blicking rapidly then slowely indicate a failed PSU? thanks for power supply advice

Attachments

• test PSU1.jpg
    test PSU1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
After watching a bunch of dell PSU failures/swaps I bumped into the organe flashing light a builtin problem w/ dells.

Also learned about the green light on back of PSU.

Weird that the resolution was to remove replace each 4GB RAM module, iniailly didn’t think it was gonna work, so I rinse repeat 3 times the charm back up an running w/ old dell.

Additional comment I’ve never changed/tested a c-mos battery another y-tuber mentioned a procedure for replacing the C-MOS which could be a solution for a old dell not booting. Hope this helps someone.

After watching a bunch of dell PSU failures/swaps I bumped into the organe flashing light a builtin problem w/ dells.

Also learned about the green light on back of PSU.

Weird that the resolution was to remove replace each 4GB RAM module, iniailly didn’t think it was gonna work, so I rinse repeat 3 times the charm back up an running w/ old dell.

Additional comment I’ve never changed/tested a c-mos battery another y-tuber mentioned a procedure for replacing the C-MOS which could be a solution for a old dell not booting. Hope this helps someone.

update: next morning dell won't boot up. tryed to remove/replace RAM trick didn't work. the PSU would turn on w/ it's external test button.

popped in a new watch battery an now she boots up fine. tested the old battery .1vdc tested new battery 3vdc. Hope this helps someone

update: next morning dell won't boot up again.didn't remove replace RAM.

I held down the PSUs test button on rear of case kept holding it then pressed power button, 1st attempt she didn't boot but did want to blick the amber power light.
3rd attempt holding both PSUs test button and power button she boots up. so the watch battery didn't fix much.

anyone here know what seams to be the problem w/ this dell? thanks

tested RAM w/ Windows Memory Diagnostic RAM is fine.
still have to press PSU test button an the power button for it to boot anyone know whats happened to the dell?
weird that this issue started after SSD install.

The rapid blinking of the power button on your Dell 7010 DT, followed by slow blinking, might indeed indicate a power supply issue. However, before replacing it, you can try a few troubleshooting steps like checking the connections and testing the power supply with a multimeter to confirm if it's the root cause. If you're unsure, it's a good idea to consult a technician or Dell support for a more accurate diagnosis and solution.

@stevethebrain
To be honest, errors can be all kinds and some may be unpredictable, but the first step - does it start without a hard drive and/or with an old hard drive? You must be able to enter the BIOS, open the menu with F12, etc., for example try them.
Second, remove all peripherals, if any, then remove parts one by one, such as RAM, etc., and put them back. Also remove all cords and then put back. Try if it starting after every changes. If not, try with only one RAM (check, that this one is in correct place) if you have installed several RAM. A CMOS battery usually doesn't affect startup, although some things can start up incorrectly (for example Bluetooth, radio mouse, etc), and generally the clock will always be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom