Start up error - File:\Boot\BCD status 0xc000000f

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've done post 2 and 6 but now it just comes up with a black screen after the advent start up ? i may be doing it wrong? this is what i done ...
i downloaded the dvd recovery from the link on post 2 then i downloaded the unetbootin from post 6 then copied them to my usb stick then plugged it into my laptop? and also i am windows xp.

thanks

If you are on Windows XP then this information is NOT for you. This is for Vista/Win7 ONLY. Windows XP does NOT use the BCD. It uses the boot.ini to start.

Which explains why you cant get anywhere. You are using the wrong process to try and fix your boot issues.

You need to insert the XP CD, get into the Recovery Console and use the fixboot and fixmbr commands.

i have a ntebook so there for dont have a cd drive. is there anywhere i can download the boot disc for it?

thanks that's great. the only thing is that i dont have a floppy disk drive. is there anyway around this to get it onto a cd? sorry im not good at all this.

i've made the floppy disks but i dont have a windows xp cd-rom, so what can i do next to try and reboot my computer?

I have a custom built machine. I only have one operating system on it which is Vista Ultimate. I am getting the same error message as everyone else here. How am I to use this program if I can't even boot into an OS. I have tried using my Vista DVD but when I try to repair the startup, It does not even see on OS to repair. How can I repair the boot without losing all the data I have on the HD

Well when I try it, it will not boot up into the program. I can even get it started so what am I to do. It looks like you have to have a working OS in order to use the program. I try to use a memory stick but it will not let me boot into the program. So instead of referring to the same post that does not seem to be helping me with my problem, how about another suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom