Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It could be better but good job.

• Just plain crap!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the fact that you can buy a new pc with monitor from them for only like $300USD. (even thought it will be a peice of ****)
I like Dells ability to make home pcs afordable.

However... Just in general....I dont like dell as a company.

Therye to single minded and stuck on using just intel. They have no open mind for all the technology out there.

I REALLY don't like Dells and the only reason i have a Dell laptop is that when i was buying it, i wanted the cheapest brand new laptop i could find and it cost me only like $625 in March of 2005 and it's still running pretty good a year later

The reason why i don't like DELL is that they are saturating the market is really CHEAP PCs, Notebooks, Servers, PDA. And sadly people are too stupid to not read the fine print.
Eg. $99 dollar delivery. And that it take about 6 weeks to deliver.

Or they are too stupid to realise that the computer is really too underpowered for tomorrow's needs.
Eg. 256Mb Ram and CD Rom Drive. I had some bigwig at microsoft tell me last year "If you are not all ready installing DVD Roms and 512Mb Ram as standard with your white box, you better start doing that NOW"

Dell Spare Parts.... If you think the US$75 Dell Case fan was bad. I had some customer come in rather angry that Dell wanted AU$300 for a replacement motherboard and that it would take 6 weeks to 3 months to deliver it.
And I will not even start of the fact that there cheap systems are under powers

Dell Marketing.... With your Double your memory for Higher Hard drive up grade for free. When in reality, it only about $10 difference between 256Mb and 512Mb Ram.

I really don't like dell as they are prostituting the rest of the computer market. And squeezing the margin out of computer sales every where else.

"I O0000C'd on myself...."

[RANT]One thing that realy gets on my nurves is when tomorrows neeeds are sometimes literally Tomorrow! :freak:

You all say Dell is low quality, (Which is true in every way) but sometimes the system requirements for software these days are just plain idiotic. I looked on a box containing Dreamweaver 8 and saw it required 500mhz PIII and 128 mb of ram! What the #311 is that about??

I'd hate to sound old fashioned, but as far as I can remember, people have been editing HTML ever since the Intel Pentium 1 reached 100mhz! So why in the heck would an HTML editor require 128mb of ram?? You don't need that much ram, or a 500mhz CPU to go on the internet, do you? So why do you need that much more to make an HTML page then you would to view one? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And I've noticed that the 3D programs like Carrara studio 3.0 and Poser 6 have the lowest system requirements out of any of the expensive software on the market. 3D programs that MAKE 3D games have lower system requirements than the games themselves?? WTF? :eek: [/R@NT]

::pS:: 90 dollars is exacly the price that is required by UPS to ship a package of that weight, so Dell isn't making any profit from shipping at all. ;)

Another thing, Dell isn't behind in it's years for the simple fact of the way they market. Dell is only marketing to the home buyer. (Grown-ups who use their computer to work.) These are not gaming PC's!! I know they suck, but you guys are arguing from a Gamer's standpoint! (16 year olds who think everything should be overclocked to ashes, and require an industrial strength Liquid cooling system to contain it's awsume power!!!! :freak: :dead: )

Let's be fair about this. Nobody who does office work requires a liquid cooled AMD 64 3.0ghz (1600mhz system bus) with a 2mb L2 and L3 CACHE, do they?
:p :cool:

My first two computers when I was younger were Dells. I must admit that for the average casual PC user, they'll easily do the job and appear to be great PCs. But as my knowledge of computers increased and dealt with customer support, I realised that they're highly overpriced and their customer support is trash. Outsourcing to India ftw?

So yeah, I sold my old Dell to my buddy, have a PII 350mhz one rotting in the kitchen, and built my own rig. Screw Dell and their crappy computers.

Re: "I O0000C'd on myself...."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
::pS:: 90 dollars is exacly the price that is required by UPS to ship a package of that weight, so Dell isn't making any profit from shipping at all. ;)
So how come a small time computer front such as my self can deliver a computer for $20-$30? :p

"Karangatan....

Cuz you be livin in Awstrailyia.... Prices are different there than in USA. You guys are soo freken lucky, you have no frekin idea. :( :( :cool:

Attachments

• kangaro.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom