[Q1 / Q2 2011] Star Wars : The Old Republic - Beta Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Star Wars : The Old Republic - Beta Testers Wanted

also even then if its before the movies why is there an empire????
It's a different empire.
and why is there clone troopers and why are they with the republic and not the empire.
Because those are different clone troopers :p Or human soldiers.

where my confusion comes from is this. the republic makes the clone troopers/ storm troopers. then in episode 3 the empire is formed with anakin and palpatine. the storm troopers join up with the empire. now in the game the empire is there but palpatine has probably not been born yet but i would be suprised if he was. and the empire hasnt even been formed yet. also the storm troopers havent even been commsisioned to be created yet, and if they where then wouldnt they be with the empire like in the movies as they join up with the empire and ditch the republic?
The clone troopers in The Old Republic aren't programmed to join up with the Empire, as they were in the movies. There's no Order 66 with them.

If you want further, and more specific answers, try Wookiepedia.

yea i ended up looking it up this empire is the sith empire the game story is 350 years after kotor, and 3500 years before the movies. the storm troopers here must not be clone troopers, and must have just adopted the name storm troopers from the following movies later on (episode 4-6) as i think the storm troopers in those movies arent all clones hense the name clone trooper. i really excited for this game. i wonder if revan is around at all still or the protaganist of the second kotor game who was suppose to go and join up with revan. if so i am curious as to wether they decided to choose the path of evil or good, for the plot line. i must say i am so so excited for this game :D

Re: Starwars: The Old Republic

Looking forward to this game coming out. Any clue/leaks as to when it will be released? I am planning on building my first computer just so I can play this game.

Spring of 2011 but still no definite date, I sign up for to be one of the beta testers and hoping to have my email this week if I'm one of the lucky chosen. If I am, I need to take off on my WOW and buy wow gold for a month or three to be more focus on the SW.

Love MMO! Peace!

Its based a few thousand years or so after Knight of the Old Republic and 10k year or so before the movies..

Phase one of testing has begun and I am waiting for my key.. :D so excited.

A few thousand years after Kotor bring you back to Classic Star Wars / New Repubic/ Jedi New Order / Legacy eras.

Old Republic Era -- 25,000 year to 1000 years before Star Wars New Hope
--- Knights Of The Old Republic --- 4000 years before Star Wars New Hope
--- Knights Of The Old Republic II --- 3995 years before Star Wars New Hope
--- SW The Old Republic --- 3700 years before Star Wars New Hope
Rise Of The Empire Era -- 1000 to 0 Years Before Stars New Hope
--- Episode 1 --- 32 years before Star Wars New Hope
--- Episode 2 --- 22 years before Star Wars New Hope
--- Clone Wars --- 22 to 19 years before Star Wars New Hope
--- Episode 3 --- 19 years before Star Wars New Hope
--- Star Wars Force Unleashed
--- Star Wars Dark Forces -- 0 Years Before Star Wars New Hope
Rebellion Era -- 0 to 5 Years After Stars New Hope
--- Episode 4 --- 0 years after Star Wars New Hope
--- Star Wars Galaxies
--- Episode 5 --- 3 years after Star Wars New Hope
--- Episode 6 --- 4 years after Star Wars New Hope
New Republic Era -- 5 to 25 Years After Stars New Hope
--- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
--- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcaste
--- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy --- 13 years after Star Wars New Hope
New Jedi Order Era -- 25 to 130 Years After Stars New Hope
Legacy Era -- 130+ Years After Stars New Hope

its not 10000 years after kotor its like 300 something i was reading this thing about how they where bringing back the planet destroyed by darth malak in kotor 1 and they said it was 300 years before or so.
Malak might of not had a Death Star, but he sure did a good job of blasting Taris back into the stone age. So there might still be a radioactive lump of dirt floating around in space being the planet formally known as Taris.

also even then if its before the movies why is there an empire????
Sith love calling themselves Empire. Through out the star wars time line there is always a shift between Jedi (Republic) and Sith (Empire). They just love promoting themselves like that.
Only difference is that Empire are the Sith where the Republic the Jedi just seem to let every one else go about thier business unless they are called in.
The Jedi and Sith have been involved in lots of Wars. Same can be said about the Mandalorians and The Republic.

EDIT: My post was redundant.. Looked it up as well.

Bioware is shooting for April 2011 I believe.

--- Knights Of The Old Republic --- 4000 years before Star Wars New Hope
--- Knights Of The Old Republic II --- 3995 years before Star Wars New Hope
--- SW The Old Republic --- 3700 years before Star Wars New Hope

looks like he said 300 years between them to me too :)

umm harper it is confirmed to be 300/350 years after the kotor events not thousands like you keep saying.

300 / 350 / 500 what ever. It's not like there is much cannon information (if any) out there on this period of the Star Wars EU between the event of KOTOR 2 and Episode 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom