[Q1 / Q2 2011] Star Wars : The Old Republic - Beta Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Any one else looking forward to Star Wars : The Old Republic? Hopefully this time they learn from a lot of the mistake made from Star Wars Galaxies (SWG).

The game is set 300 years after the event of the SW:Knights Of The Old Republic and 3000 years before the rise of Darth Vader. So unlike Star Wars Galaxies, where every thing is locked into the period shortly after episode IV, since there is not a lot published in regards to this period of Star Wars, it will give the devs plently of room for creativity.

As i find out more news, I will post in here.

[EDIT]For details to become a beta tester, click here http://www.techist.com/forums/1823007-post37.html, or go to the 4th Page of this thread [/quote]

Re: Star Wars : The Old Republic

Is Bioware on this or someone else? If it's Bioware then I have some mild expectations. If not, it will probably be in the dustbin months after release.

It is Bioware. They had a huge write up of it in PC Gamer or Game Informer (can't remember which). It looks to be awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. Maybe I'll get back into an mmo, since I got bored with Guild Wars (granted I log in every now and then). If I have any updates I'll add them too.

Is Bioware on this or someone else? If it's Bioware then I have some mild expectations. If not, it will probably be in the dustbin months after release.

Bioware has been working this one for a while now. ST:TOR (or KOTOR 3) has been the gaming industries worst kept secret for about 5 years now.

I was rather disappointed that they deviated from the style of the other two. Seriously, it's like the Age of Empires series. 1st one was good, 2nd one was good, 3rd one failed.

People who played, and liked, the first and second KOTOR games won't necessarily like the switch to mmorpg. I'll give it a go, just because of how much I liked the first two, but I don't think it's going to par up against the previous KOTOR's

Any one else looking forward to Star Wars : The Old Republic? Hopefully this time they learn from a lot of the mistake made from Star Wars Galaxies (SWG).

The game is set 300 years after the event of the SW:Knights Of The Old Republic and 3000 years before the rise of Darth Vader. So unlike Star Wars Galaxies, where every thing is locked into the period shortly after episode IV, since there is not a lot published in regards to this period of Star Wars, it will give the devs plently of room for creativity.

As i find out more news, I will post in here.

3000 years before Darth Vader!? Geez I didn't even know Jedis existed that far back in the star war time line! lol :eek:

Check out this trailer. No game play but A-F'N-MAZING!

This is the Star Wars: The Old Republic trailer you're looking for

Loved the trailer.

I was rather disappointed that they deviated from the style of the other two. Seriously, it's like the Age of Empires series. 1st one was good, 2nd one was good, 3rd one failed.

People who played, and liked, the first and second KOTOR games won't necessarily like the switch to mmorpg. I'll give it a go, just because of how much I liked the first two, but I don't think it's going to par up against the previous KOTOR's

The problem is that stand alone RPGs are not as populare as the MMORPGs.
The other thing is that this is Star Wars : The Old Republic, not Star Wars : Knights Of The Old Republic. There is set 300 years after the KOTOR games, and apart from a few references, there will be no direct link to this game. KOTOR III was a nothing more that a rumor and a cover up for SW:TOR.

3000 years before Darth Vader!? Geez I didn't even know Jedis existed that far back in the star war time line! lol :eek:

There is a lot you have yet to learn my young Padowan. Jedi and Sith have been fighting for 25,000 years before Episode IV. And the Sith as race as been around for about another 100,000 years before that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dates_in_Star_War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom