[Q1 / Q2 2011] Star Wars : The Old Republic - Beta Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Star Wars : The Old Republic

^and that's exactly what ****es me off. I'm not buying it then paying so I can keep playing. That's bull****

You know what annoys me more. Paying good money for single player game and then completing it in in a few hours.
Either way, we are slaves to the machine.

Starwars: The Old Republic

Looking forward to this game coming out. Any clue/leaks as to when it will be released? I am planning on building my first computer just so I can play this game.

It does look good. To bad i dont like MMO. :p

I dont think i would go for a BSG or even a SG1 MMO. You pretty much said it.

Why just sell one game for $50 when you can sell a game for $50 + $15 + $15 + $15 + $15 + $15 + $15 + $15 + $15 + $15 + $15 + $15 + $15 + $15 etc etc.

That would stop me. I am not going to pay a monthly fee to play a game. I will buy it once and that is it. I dont feel the need to spend that much money to play a game as sporadic as i do. As much as i loved the Matrix i never played that MMO. :p

Knights of the Old Republic

Anyone else really excited for this? I'm not a Star Wars fanatic by any means, but after seeing the E3 content on it, I must say I think Bioware has finally created something worthy of breaking my WoW addiction for. Every time I try something besides WoW I just realize what a great job Blizzard has done (although they do have the advantage of putting so many years into its development). I'm hoping Knights of the Old Republic will give me a reason to bounce back and forth between the two.

Let's pray that the XP curve doesn't follow Aion's example. >.<

Re: Star Wars : The Old Republic - Beta Testers Wanted

Game Testing for Star Warsâ„¢: The Old Republicâ„¢ is underway! Those selected to test will gain access to the game and be able to provide valuable feedback to help us tune particular areas of gameplay and begin the process of balancing and tweaking our content.

Game Testing is an on-going process being rolled out in several phases. These phases began with smaller, more focused tests with community members from North America, and later will expand to other territories. Users selected for the test program will be notified via email with more information on accessing the Game Testing Portal. If you've not been chosen yet, you may be selected in the next wave!

If you haven't signed up already, it's definitely not too late! If you're not already a member of the Star Wars: The Old Republic community, click here to become one today! Be sure to check the box to indicate you are interested in becoming a tester. If you're already a member, go to the Game Testing Portal to begin the sign up process. Note that you must be at least 18 years of age to accept the Game Tester Agreement.

Please keep in mind that there are no guarantees that you will be selected once you have completed the sign-up process. For more information about testing Star Wars: The Old Republic, take time to read the Game Testing FAQ.

We're looking forward to your help in making Star Wars: The Old Republic a success!

If they are doing testing now, it should mean that the release date of the game should not be that far away.
As much I would like to sign up for this, I realy don't have the time for beta testing. I think i will wait for the finished product to come out.

Anyone else really excited for this? I'm not a Star Wars fanatic by any means, but after seeing the E3 content on it, I must say I think Bioware has finally created something worthy of breaking my WoW addiction for. Every time I try something besides WoW I just realize what a great job Blizzard has done (although they do have the advantage of putting so many years into its development). I'm hoping Knights of the Old Republic will give me a reason to bounce back and forth between the two.

Let's pray that the XP curve doesn't follow Aion's example. >.<

Considering that it's my favorite era of the Star Wars EU, I am really looking forward to this. I was a big fan of the orginal SWG before it got messed up with the combat upgrade.

You just want a BSG MMO
Scary thing is that is currently in development now too.

If they are doing testing now, it should mean that the release date of the game should not be that far away.
As much I would like to sign up for this, I realy don't have the time for beta testing. I think i will wait for the finished product to come out.

Considering that it's my favorite era of the Star Wars EU, I am really looking forward to this. I was a big fan of the orginal SWG before it got messed up with the combat upgrade.

Scary thing is that is currently in development now too.

im a litle lost in the timeline of this tbh. they have shocktrooper/clone troopers wich came about in episode 2. the empire doesnt emerge till episode 3, and even then the clone troopers go with the empire and do not remain with the republic/rebels yet in the game the clone troopers/shocktroopers are with the republic. yet all this happens during the old republic in a time in wich the empire doesnt even exist yet... this has vastly confused me if you know anything about this story line to explain my questions harper please help lol.

on a side note im so excited for this i might even ditch wow!!!

Its based a few thousand years or so after Knight of the Old Republic and 10k year or so before the movies..

Phase one of testing has begun and I am waiting for my key.. :D so excited.

its not 10000 years after kotor its like 300 something i was reading this thing about how they where bringing back the planet destroyed by darth malak in kotor 1 and they said it was 300 years before or so. also even then if its before the movies why is there an empire???? and why is there clone troopers and why are they with the republic and not the empire. where my confusion comes from is this. the republic makes the clone troopers/ storm troopers. then in episode 3 the empire is formed with anakin and palpatine. the storm troopers join up with the empire. now in the game the empire is there but palpatine has probably not been born yet but i would be suprised if he was. and the empire hasnt even been formed yet. also the storm troopers havent even been commsisioned to be created yet, and if they where then wouldnt they be with the empire like in the movies as they join up with the empire and ditch the republic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom