Faint Static Noise From Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it possible that my speaker wires are picking up interference from the wireless internet and interpreting that as static?

So is it possible that my speaker wires are picking up interference from the wireless internet and interpreting that as static?

possibly. do you have onboard sound? it is just noisy sometime.

if you have a sound card, try braiding your speaker wire if it not shielded. try moving it too.

Thanks eric and rican. One day i will invest in a better sound card with balanced XLR outputs.

I guess it doesn't help that i have my PC power cable, Xbox 360 power cable, Monitor power cable, and my TV power cable all running down just centimeters from my unblanced TRS cables.

But that still doesn't really conclude why i get a weird noise when i move my mouse..?

edit:

I just rerouted all power cables, at there closest the 1foot away from my TRS cables. My speakers are in the middle of the floor away from all electronics. Still getting the noise. I have a feeling this is within my computer. Is there any home made object i can make to put in my PC case that will shield my soundcard ?

try changing pci slots.

this should have been your first move. also it can come from a million different reasons. you could have a cheap power supply in your computer. I'm not at your house so I can't really tell. I'm giving hints. maybe your card has a missing ground trace on it. maybe you need to ground a wire from your computer screw to your receiver. something is definitely wrong if you have noise with a add in sound card

I was a car stereo installer when I was younger, so I have advance knowledge in eliminating noise, but I need to be there so I can see everything so I can start elimination reasons

My PSU was a Hiper R Typre 530W, it's a good psu but whether it outputs a stable AC current i have no idea.

If a took a whole load of decent pictures, reckon you could help ? Or would you need to be physically here, because it's really annoying having spent £300 on an audio setup and it to have such bad interference.

I'd probably need to be there. did you change card to another pci slot? do you have a spare psu around to swap it and see?

Yes it's in the lowest PCI slot, and no - no spare PSU. But i do have a Soundblaster Live 5.1 (Oh the good old days :) ) and i tried that with some some pc speakers, no interference. I don't know whether that rules out my PSU or not - but that's the only comparison of any kind i can make.

Also, when my pc slows down for a second (like when you type quick, and your pc catches up) the interference dissapears for that breif time.

that rule out your psu and makes your sound card the culprit. try exchanging it. you might have got a defective one with a bad ground trace or it's just not properly shielded

I think it must be the soundcard. I think it is just badly shielded because any hard drive use, mouse movement etc causes interference.

possibly. do you have onboard sound? it is just noisy sometime.

if you have a sound card, try braiding your speaker wire if it not shielded. try moving it too.

I have a sound card. What do you mean braiding my speaker wire? I have "regular" computer speakers...so the wire is in a black sheath. I do not believe the black sheath is shielded very well. I tried moving my sound card to a different slot, but I still get the noise. I also am able to move the wire that connects the two speakers together around. When I do this the static changes...and sometimes goes away.

Edit: I hooked up other speakers and there was no static at all...so this means it's my speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom