Faint Static Noise From Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell you how to try to ground the speaker, because if you mess up, you could electrocute yourself

I know I will keep my Altecs. The reason is that I believe it's the wireless internet that causes the static sound. I'd prefer not to electrocute myself.

I know I will keep my Altecs. The reason is that I believe it's the wireless internet that causes the static sound. I'd prefer not to electrocute myself.

disable it in network properties. see if it go away. then re enable it

The only issue with that is that I seem to have the issue when I am surfing the web. I am tempted to take my computer downstairs and hook it up to the actual modem downstairs.

No...no answer. I was just pointing out to Eric that the reason I can't disable the network to check is because the static noise appears when I am actually surfing the web (when the page is loading) or when I am downloading something. So, if I disable the network, I can't do those things to check.

Edit: Nevermind, it must be the network. When I disabled the network the noise went away, yet when I enabled it, static and popping sounds occurred. Well at least I know that's my source, the speakers work fine when it's disabled...

ah ok.

Well best of luck, if you need more help PM me or reply to this thread again.

Thanks,
Oreo

Ok. Thank you for your help. Never thought it would go to 4 pages, but some issues require that much attention.

Edit: I turned my speakers on today...and could actually hear static and crackling from them, even when I wasn't surfing the web. I decided yesterday to rearrange my speakers to see if that would help, it didn't. Apparently it made it worse. Then I thought, the main speaker (with volume control, etc.) is right above my wireless adapter. Could that be causing this? So I moved it away...the noise diminished but was still there. I decided to move my adapter even further away, and as far as I can tell, the noise is gone...even when I surf the web. I am crossing my fingers that this solution will hold...and laughing at the simplicity of it.

Ok. Thank you for your help. Never thought it would go to 4 pages, but some issues require that much attention.

Edit: I turned my speakers on today...and could actually hear static and crackling from them, even when I wasn't surfing the web. I decided yesterday to rearrange my speakers to see if that would help, it didn't. Apparently it made it worse. Then I thought, the main speaker (with volume control, etc.) is right above my wireless adapter. Could that be causing this? So I moved it away...the noise diminished but was still there. I decided to move my adapter even further away, and as far as I can tell, the noise is gone...even when I surf the web. I am crossing my fingers that this solution will hold...and laughing at the simplicity of it.

that exactly how noise work. if you have a usb wireless adapter, you can buy one of those usb extenders and move it even further away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom