Faint Static Noise From Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sound card. What do you mean braiding my speaker wire? I have "regular" computer speakers...so the wire is in a black sheath. I do not believe the black sheath is shielded very well. I tried moving my sound card to a different slot, but I still get the noise. I also am able to move the wire that connects the two speakers together around. When I do this the static changes...and sometimes goes away.

Edit: I hooked up other speakers and there was no static at all...so this means it's my speakers.

yes it is

Do they make a wire shield that I can fit around my speaker wires? Something to reduce the interference? The reason I ask is because I remember having no issues until I got a wireless adapter and had to use wireless internet. Or would I just be better off purchasing new speakers?

Do they make a wire shield that I can fit around my speaker wires? Something to reduce the interference? The reason I ask is because I remember having no issues until I got a wireless adapter and had to use wireless internet. Or would I just be better off purchasing new speakers?

get new speakers

Ok. Thank you. That would be the easiest...hopefully the new ones don't do what mine do now. I used a couple standard speakers that come with store bought computers and those worked with no static. Mine should be better than the ones that worked fine...but obviously they aren't.

Edit: Ok, so can you suggest any good speakers. I would prefer the 2.1 configuration. However, 2.0 would be ok if they are really good. Unfortunately I don't have much to spend. My limit is $40. Thanks for all your help.

Ok. Thank you. That would be the easiest...hopefully the new ones don't do what mine do now. I used a couple standard speakers that come with store bought computers and those worked with no static. Mine should be better than the ones that worked fine...but obviously they aren't.

Edit: Ok, so can you suggest any good speakers. I would prefer the 2.1 configuration. However, 2.0 would be ok if they are really good. Unfortunately I don't have much to spend. My limit is $40. Thanks for all your help.

Pc speakers is your only option.

Logitech X-230. There you have it.

Pc speakers is your only option.

Logitech X-230. There you have it.

Thank you. I honestly am not looking to hook up a stereo system to my computer. I just want some speakers that sound fairly good. I have no intention to pretend I know anything about audio. I can hook up regular PC speakers...and that's what I intend to purchase for my computer. Thanks again for all the help.

I am very fond of buying my computer parts off of Newegg. I noticed that those speakers you suggested, Oreo, are now a deactivated item. There is another set of speakers on Newegg that I found. They are these speakers. I do not listen to anything that would require bass that rattles pictures on walls. And...for $40 or less, I probably wouldn't find anything to do so. I am wanting to know if those speakers are decent. Again, thanks for the help.

Not a problem...I don't have an mp3, ipod, or whatever. Thank you for your help. The ones I have now are the Altec Lansing VS2321. I believe they sound good, it's just annoying to hear the static when I surf the web. Do you know how those speakers you mentioned compare to the Altec Lansing VS2321?

Hmm. Them altecs look pretty good, i should think they sound similar.

I just know the logi's dont sound bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom