• No, I'll be sticking with Windows 7

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Windows XP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Windows Vista

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Mac OS!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, I'll be sticking with <insert Linux distro>, tell us in the comments!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My best friend just got his first taste of 8 today on his grandmas new laptop. Needless to say, there were a ton of profanities coming at me through text lol.

I can only imagine, I just picture you getting a text and it has a photo of him doing this:

rage-face.jpg

I've had developers Preview and now Windows 8 Pro, all i can say is that, its great, but there is still to come, not all the software are compatible with windows 8 Yet... or at least the software and applications i use. but other than that it is very good and working like a beast. also its a good idea if your into the start menu Button get the little software called start8, which adds a customized start menu button to your screen, which makes it fairly easy to use.

I have been "test driving" Windows 8 since early 2012. Took some getting use to. I have even gone through several tutorials, but I am still struggling with it. This is the Release Candidate of course.

My wife and I received several free legit keys [16] to Windows 8 Professional a full week before the official release...but I am still debating whether or not to use it.

I have had several concerns:

So many hoops to jump through just to get to the control panel! Gosh!
Many challenges [still not resolved] with wireless cards and/or wireless USB adaptors.
Various programs refusing to open over and over again [including the native Solitaire in games].
No matter how hard I attempt to get use to the new user interface, it is still a challenge, and now I am beginning to think it is not my slowness to learn, but, rather poor design.
It just does not seem worth the faster start time and 10% faster than Windows 7.

Well, I did vote, but I also have a question:

Is Windows 8 Professional any better than the Release Candidate or should I expect the same?

Soar

I have been "test driving" Windows 8 since early 2012. Took some getting use to. I have even gone through several tutorials, but I am still struggling with it. This is the Release Candidate of course.

My wife and I received several free legit keys [16] to Windows 8 Professional a full week before the official release...but I am still debating whether or not to use it.

Many challenges [still not resolved] with wireless cards and/or wireless USB adaptors.
Various programs refusing to open over and over again [including the native Solitaire in games].
No matter how hard I attempt to get use to the new user interface, it is still a challenge, and now I am beginning to think it is not my slowness to learn, but, rather poor design.
It just does not seem worth the faster start time and 10% faster than Windows 7.

Is Windows 8 Professional any better than the Release Candidate or should I expect the same?

Soar

Full versions (RTM versions) are always better than Release Candidate. Because that's just what it is: A candidate, not a final version. An RC can be though of as a Beta version. RTM is a final version (Release To Manufacture) that is to be mass distributed.

Soar
It's not even 10%.

Full versions (RTM versions) are always better than Release Candidate. Because that's just what it is: A candidate, not a final version. An RC can be though of as a Beta version. RTM is a final version (Release To Manufacture) that is to be mass distributed.

Ok, well, I suppose I should install the real deal and give it a shot. Thanks!

It's not even 10%.

Ok, I read a number of posts that claimed it was faster than Windows 7 by 8-10%. I suppose they were wrong.

Anyhow, I will see how the Pro version works.

Soar

Press Win+X

Probably solved for the RTM.

It's poor design.

It's not, and it's not actually faster. Boot times are quicker but that's about it.

Press Win+X

Probably solved for the RTM.

It's poor design.

It's not, and it's not actually faster. Boot times are quicker but that's about it.

Geez Yami. After reading your informative post, it appears as if installing Windows 8 Professional would be an absolute waste of time and effort!

I only turn on/off and restart my computer about two times per month so the benefits of a faster start time would be so minimal!

Soar

PS So are you saying Windows 8 is a big waste of time and effort and not a good idea to install?

I was still hoping I could wait 6 months [6 month rule], then install it, and be happily on my way to a faster, more efficient operating system with lots of cool bells and whistles!

Back
Top Bottom