• No, I'll be sticking with Windows 7

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Windows XP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Windows Vista

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Mac OS!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, I'll be sticking with <insert Linux distro>, tell us in the comments!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's probably something I missed. If it is a driver issue I'm sure Apple will have it sorted out sooner or later.

Yeah, all the Metro apps scroll horizontally, and neither the trackpad nor my mouse can scroll horizontally.. I have to always click and drag the scrollbar at the bottom.

:Deskflip: x 2

It's the future though, it's perfection in the eyes of M$ fans. -,- I never could figure out how to get the stupid OS to actually shut down the last time I played with it.

You gotta go to the charms menu thing -> Settings then there's shut down there.

I suppose this would be pretty nice if I had a touchscreen monitor :tongue:

Truth be told, I actually kind of like the Win 8 interface. It's just not something I want on a computer of any sort. Tablet or phone, possibly.

In regards to upgrading to it, my answer is the same as it has been for the last few releases. Nope. ;)

Does anyone know if Windows 8 runs better on Vmware Player than it does on Virtualbox? I normally use Virtualbox for all of my VM's but I have had a ton of issues with it and Windows 8.

Bought it and it's now downloading. yahoo!

Does anyone know if Windows 8 runs better on Vmware Player than it does on Virtualbox? I normally use Virtualbox for all of my VM's but I have had a ton of issues with it and Windows 8.
The problems are easily fixed. Did you edit the options to the VM in Virtual box? Is your computer in virtualization mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
The problems are easily fixed. Did you edit the options to the VM in Virtual box? Is your computer in virtualization mode?

Yes, I set the parameters that were considered correct at the time and hardware virtualization is enabled.

I may give Virtualbox a shot then on my main system since I can dedicate more ram to it, before I was trying to set it up on my testing system that is only a Core 2 Duo with 3gb of ram and it was a little low on memory running the 8 VM and the 7 host os.

If anybody wants to see my point proven in front of them, go to Youtube and watch new users try to use the "user friendly" interface. I just wasted about an hour watching random people try to use Windows 8 and I still have tears on my face because it was so funny. Man, this is a huge box of fail lol.

Back
Top Bottom