• No, I'll be sticking with Windows 7

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Windows XP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Windows Vista

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, I'll be sticking with Mac OS!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, I'll be sticking with <insert Linux distro>, tell us in the comments!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I installed the trial on a virtual machine with a Pentium D @ 2.6GHz and I allocated 1.5GB of ram. That lagged worse than GTA 4 on a Celeron cpu and an Nvidia 5200 64mb gpu. Then I bumped the allocated ram up to 2GB. It didn't improve. Next, I copied the virtual machine over to my Core i7 pc. It got a little better but still unusable. After I allocated 4GB, it ran ok.

Windows 8 is cpu and ram heavy beyond fathomable reason.

I don't see how this is even going to run on smartphones and tablets with severely inefficient, bottle-necked arm cpus that are inferior to Pentium 3s.

Nope, 8 can stay the fug off my network, as can every single M$ product aside from XP/7. If anything, I will go to an open source OS where I can keep a typical desktop. I don't want a ****ing tablet OS on my god damned PC.

Oh, and MAK, people WILL upgrade, not denying that, but what will they upgrade to? You honestly think everyone will just go to M$? No, considering the amount of people, companies, and schools I am familiar with that are looking at alternatives due to the economy, and recent changes with M$ software, they are all looking at, guess what, *nix and Apple products. M$ is a business oriented OS, one that everyone can recognize easily, till Win8 that is. I know of one company that did a mock setup, productivity dropped 78% for 2 weeks, it finally sits at 20% lower than before. You wish to know why? Because the OS is too different for that company to make that change.

Also, touch interface with KB/Mouse? Ehh... Funky... Touch screen monitor? Hell no, too expensive, and I HATE cleaning greasy prints off my screen as rarely as it gets touched.

Last edited:
I figured I'd give it a try so I'm installing it on my MacBook this weekend. We'll see how this goes.

I'll probably end up dual booting on the desktop to test how dual monitors work at some point, too.

I figured I'd give it a try so I'm installing it on my MacBook this weekend. We'll see how this goes.

I'll probably end up dual booting on the desktop to test how dual monitors work at some point, too.

Does Bootcamp support Windows 8 yet? I can't see anything that it's official, though I suppose depending on the driver makeup Win8 could be easily supported...I've seen people doing it with mixed results.

Going through Boot Camp right now.. Still "Install Windows 7" option, downloading drivers right now :tongue:

Going through Boot Camp right now.. Still "Install Windows 7" option, downloading drivers right now :tongue:

Let me know how that goes, since the footprint is smaller than 7, I may try it on my MacBook (it's kinda old...still intel though).

everything except sound through the laptops speakers work.
It's awful to use with a mouse... just awful.
having to constantly scroll horizontally kills it.

everything except sound through the laptops speakers work.
It's awful to use with a mouse... just awful.
having to constantly scroll horizontally kills it.

No sound? Lame. Probably could get around that though. Headphone jack work at all?

And are you talking about metro? Or just in general? Scrolling horizontally?

:Deskflip:

It's probably something I missed. If it is a driver issue I'm sure Apple will have it sorted out sooner or later.

Yeah, all the Metro apps scroll horizontally, and neither the trackpad nor my mouse can scroll horizontally.. I have to always click and drag the scrollbar at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom