What is it about WoW that makes so many people addicted to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
see the problem is you guys cant play the trial for 1 hour and decide if the game is good or not, because even us wow addicted players hate starting a new character and lvling from 1, you really have to have that mindset that this character wil be lvl capped one day and you will be playing end game content. you just cant get that in a trial wich is why i think trials for any game are stupid. it takes about a month minimum to hit 80 and then a few weeks to gear your character appropriately to go into the raids. really lvl 80 is where all the fun is, nothing is more fun then going to stormwind city in your pvp geared out 80 and taking on 7 people at a time with just you and a healer, its even more fun when you kill them and can lol about it. before any of you dismiss this game as beign bad or boring i dare you to purchase it and lvl your character to 80 and gear him play some proper end game content, and then persist to say the game is boring.

i have played a lvl 80 char before, not mine, my friends. I still thought it was boring. Not my type of game mate. But if a game cant even attract my attention at the beginner, then it is not going to. I agree it will be loads more fun further on, but i have no desire to waste my time playing it for a month of pure boredom. As well, i also have no desire to pay monthly.

you cant really just jump onto another person's 80 and say you've played the content. for one you wont know how to play that class or speck no matter how good they explain, i have troubles playing my brothers hunter. there is also this kind of attachment you build to your character as you level making it slightly more enjoyable. the only reason the game makes you lvl a character is ultimately to make you learn to play your character. but in most cases it doesn't appeal to many of today with the way the media has pushed us into having short attention spans, most people would prefer to jump into cod or bfbc2 and be owning it up then to pay 15$ and spend the time to craft your character into something genuine. to me wow has more entertainment value then any other game, and that is why so many people become addicted to it.

^ i played the char for a few days mate, im sure i got the idea of how to play the game, im a fast learner. The game is just not for some people, i dont even really like rpg's, yet i have played a lot of them. I prefer fps's because they are fast paced and in the eyes of the character.

beeing a huge fps player myself i can guaranty you wow can be just as fast paced. raids are slow but pvp is just as fast paced in wow as it is in any other game, since being horde now i love going to alliance capital city's and messing with them. me and my buddy took on 7 lvl 80 guys and took them down and i can tell you you have to be very very much on your game in a situation like that, a split second mistake can cost you a 10 minute run back to the city lol.

^what i meant is there is a lot less going on in a battle in wow. Like you dont got like tanks, grenades, morters, objectives, K: D, ammo, position, ect to think about all at the same time while talking in vent. (im kinda refering to bc2 right now lol because thats pretty much the only fps im playing atm) The game is great for a lot of people, but even if i played it to lvl 80 i would not like it, i have tried it, just to see if i would like it, but to no avail

^what i meant is there is a lot less going on in a battle in wow. Like you dont got like tanks, grenades, morters, objectives, K:D, ammo, position, ect to think about all at the same time while talking in vent. (im kinda refering to bc2 right now lol because thats pretty much the only fps im playing atm) The game is great for a lot of people, but even if i played it to lvl 80 i would not like it, i have tried it, just to see if i would like it, but to no avail

you clearly never got to play winter grasp...

I do like to play WoW a lot, but I don't think I am addicted. I know a lot of people in my guild who get really upset when they have to log out or get disconnected, or something in real life is taking their attention away from the game and I notice thats the difference between them and me. If I get disconnected, or my net goes down...or a friend wants to hang out in real life, I very rarely feel annoyed and don't mind doing other things.
But I am also limited to play only an hour and a half a day...some days not at all depending on what is happening at my house. And sometimes when I am allowed to play longer, I get really bored and just don't want to play anymore. I finally have my first level 80...and yeah it took me a long time...but I also don't feel the need to log in every day like some people who play. I am actually kind of glad my parents limit my time...because my friend is really addicted and never wants to do anything but play WoW, and its pretty sad, so I'm glad I'm not like that.

And I think people find it so addicting because its easier to accomplish things, and there is always new stuff to do, new people to meet, or a new class to level. And if you're bored...just wait for the next patch to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom