THX says Blu-ray is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluray WILL die, IF the prices on the players and discs do not lower in time

and many here and in general like to obtain their media NON legally, lol

Samsung to deliver 256GB solid-state drive in 2009 | InfoWorld | News | 2008-03-04 | By Agam Shah, IDG News Service
Ultra High Capacity Removable Data Storage Chip Development a Step Closer With $14 Million Fundraising for Nanochip
CDRLabs.com - Transcend Announces High Capacity V20 Flash Drives - News

that and if hi capacity broadband moves ahead of the pricing...bluray may surely not be able to take off....it's like they won the battle....cleared the battlefield...laid down some rebar and concrete....but before they were able to build the skyscraper and fill it....

something else comes along and bulldozes it...just like on demand or digital delivered hd...
Next-gen wireless broadband system hits 250Mbit/sec.

I was hoping to go buy some bluray machines and discs when the war was done...but don't want to :D

How is Blu ray S*it ?..

It doesnt even cost dear for Blu ray movie.., over here mainly all blu ray movies are £15/£18

Thats the price of DVD's when they first came out.. i Remember when my Dad bought his first DVD player that was over £350 itself..

Look at the price on that..

Amazon.co.uk: Sony BDP-S300 - Blu-Ray DVD Player - 1080P Full HD: Electronics & Photo

That was **** of a lot cheaper than a DVD player when it first came out

Also, Blu ray Players have been coming down in Price and will continue to come down in price

id Love to see the price on that Samsung 256GB..

let me see 32GB SSD msrp = $250/£125 imagine the price on a 256GB... Hmmm so i think the samsung flash drive could possibly cost Quite Alot.

Veedub, i have a question for you.. i seen comments that you was going to buy Blu-ray Players/Discs when the war was over and that..

optical discs will still end up being a lot cheaper to manufacture than flash drives. And optical discs don't wear out like flash drives do.

Also, I don't think the players are the only reason people aren't buying into HD yet. There are also the LCD and plasma TV's that have the resolution needed for HD video. They cost money, too.

^Does something like an SD Card cost more to manufacture?

I really like this idea, if it was to pick up thats when prices will go down. IMO Flash media is alot more reliable then a disc, discs are always messing up on me, and it drives me CRAZY!!!

Forget all the extra crap, just get me the god **** film!!! I hate all the extra crap they include in movies nowadays.

Ive got a couple hdtvs and i still have not made the switch to blu ray (even though i have a PS3) because im hoping they get SSD and digital distribution going before blu ray really gets going.

I dont like the PS3 i didnt pay for it, I traded on of my Wiis for it and resistance fall of man.

Before I got one I had just a hate for it because of what I read about it, now that I got one I actually have first hand experience with it, and my mind hasnt changed much.

Most blue ray dvds are still 30 bucks to buy here when a movie comes out. The normal dvd counterpart is only usually 14. There isnt 16 dollars worth of information on a BD for me to buy it. Heck, i'm often reluctant to even pay more than 10 bucks for a dvd. I guess i have gotten spoiled to cheap used dvds from blockbuster. 2 for 20 baby. Sometimes even 3 for 20.

I will have this mis-trust of flash drives.
At least with a hard drive, you might be luck to have some warning signs before the drive dies.
USB pen drives tend to stop working.

Plus there is the $/Gb of Flash Drives vs. $/Gb Hard Drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom