THX says Blu-ray is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even going to get into right or wrong. The only reason BD won is because sony pushed the everloving crap out of it.

Who cares about that directer cut/extra feature/built in game/ etc... BS
Give me the ****ing film, thats why i bought it

I dont need 50gb worth of **** i want my <10GB hd film that cost about the same (5 bucks more at the most, instead of BR which is 10-15 more around here) and i can get a player for it for less the 100 bucks

I can get a bad *** dvd player that plays data dvds full of divx movies for about 40 bucks.

Is it HD? No, but thats fine because its soooo much cheaper and it still looks good on my 50" hd tv

Even though prices have remained stagnant, or even possibly gone up a bit (more "converters, more demand, prices match), now companies will begin to make the transition, the machinery, all that jazz to begin manufacturing BD drives.

Enough drives come out, enough market arises, more competition... lower prices. DVDs were expensive as **** when they first came out, I remember buying my first one along with my PS2. It wasn't long until that was the new norm, and prices were very within the reach of every normal consumer.

I'm pretty sure, following how this should, under ordinary developmental circumstances, and no other superior tech coming out within a year, that this is how it should go down.

Of course, hindsight will tell:)

My 17 year old blind/deaf black lab just shat on my rug....

That is what she thinks of blue-ray.

And ya... My little sister builds forts with dvd players... that's how cheap they are... One time i offered them up for a prize giveaway at my school and they said no thanks....

IMO DVD is winning the war even if people say it's dead... I can find DVD's for like 2 bucks at BJ's... like full seasons of tvshows and movies i can find for under $5...

DVD>BR just by price alone.

Well, I haven't heard anyone say DVD is dead, **** VHS is still around. It's just that its not the "next thing," which, as us being electronics nerds, knows is the way people will shift... many times for aesthetic, materialistic purposes.

I have yet to buy a blu-ray movie, too expensive for me... so it's not like im vouching or defending them, this is just what I see happening. But, as I said, as long as nothing comes out and competes pricewise within a year, then blu-ray will come down in price, and be like a DVD within a year or 2.

sd dvd is - NTSC disc is 720 × 480, while a PAL disc is 720 × 576

a good quality encoded dvd displays very well next to 720p material....regardless of how someone claims to have super powers that can differentiate between varying levels of missing pixels.

:D

it does seem highly likely bluray will actually go nowhere

4k digital film Digital cinema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ultra Ultra High Definition Video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

history of "HD" is pretty fascinating, started in 1930s I believe, then was 200 or so lines...and it progressed. SD was HD...then just TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom