The Elder Scrolls: Online

Currently Playing as we speak. It's an alright game. IDK the lasting effect it will have but for now its fun. I just want to get to end game to see if it can hold my attention. add me if you want @Reapt

Yep, I'm on too. Sent you a friends request ^ :tongue:
About to get out of the starter area (Glenumbra).. currently level 15

Eeh... you report it?

I've been reporting gold sellers and then ignoring them. I love the fact that the ignore is account-wide.

My Bosmer is now a lv 11 nightblade. His woodworking and leather working skills have increased a lot.
My Breton lv 8 templar is also exceptionally skilled at provisions and is working on enchantments as well.
Making food is fun, just need some lv 5-15 recipes to make. I have lv 1 & 3 recipes, then magically jump to lv 50 recipes that I can't make for some time. Thinking about it now, I am starting to wonder if it is a bug and its being dropped/looted on accident.

So how much of it feels like Elder Scrolls vs a typical MMO? Is combat in real time like Skyrim? How many characters do you get per account?

If your expecting a TES experience, then you will be disappointed. This is an MMO with a TES Feel, not the other way around. Combat isn't based on simply pushing buttons and spamming action skills, you do need to move, block and such unlike other MMO's. 8 characters per account.

How open is the world? My experience with MMO's is pretty limited. I thought what I played of FF 14 was okay.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

What do you mean by how open exactly? In typical MMO's your free to go where ever you want, and do what you wish except for a few exceptions: level restricted and quest restricted.

Level restricted means that the enemies in an area are much higher level and expect to die very easily. It acts as a barrier. By quest restricted, the area doesn't open up until a certain story quest is done/completed.

ESO has both, but you only really run into the level one more due to how the world is split up into zones. You are dropped off into an island or a territory and can go where you please as long as the enemies don't bother you. Once you complete the main quest long enough, a new area opens up and can explore again.

My nightblade does just as my skyrim character did, walk around and explore while looking for alchemic ingredients for potions.

I mean in sense that you walk from one area to the next on one giant map of Tamriel. Or is it more of a enter from point A and to move to the next area you have to go to point B and there are mountains or some other obstructions on either side of you.

You don't walk or have access to the entirety of Tamriel. You cannot walk across due to both natural obstructions and zone restrictions. For the Aldermi Dominion, the natural barrier is Water. I don't know about the other factions.

But yea, it is zone based. You need to access zones via a specific gate or travel point, but are free to roam the zones. These zones aren't small rooms, these are entire islands or territories and such.

Here is an example of Auridon, part of the Aldermi Dominion
auridon.jpg

Back
Top Bottom