did internet fail to do what it was intended to do originally?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
in last 10 years or so it seems alot harder to find useful non commercial information on the internet
in the late 90s early 2000s there was alot of informational pages where i could find anything i need basically

now i keep running into "sponsored" articles that push some kind of agenda or fake information created to sell certain product or supplement and backed by some fake research

or the information is behind a paywall because this culture of monetizing everything literally destroyed the basis of internet and information sharing the way it was meant to be in the begining.

with that said.

where do you find information on the internet that is not fake or sponsored?
google scholar articles seems to be locked up mostly behind private groups or paywall/subscriptions

in last 10 years or so it seems alot harder to find useful non commercial information on the internet
in the late 90s early 2000s there was alot of informational pages where i could find anything i need basically

now i keep running into "sponsored" articles that push some kind of agenda or fake information created to sell certain product or supplement and backed by some fake research

or the information is behind a paywall because this culture of monetizing everything literally destroyed the basis of internet and information sharing the way it was meant to be in the begining.

with that said.

where do you find information on the internet that is not fake or sponsored?
google scholar articles seems to be locked up mostly behind private groups or paywall/subscriptions
I agree and I believe this is true.
When Mrs. C was teaching she could get lesson plans on line for free back in the early 2000's, but around 2010 or 2012 those free lesson plans were starting to come with a price. When I look for any specific info today it is much more difficult

I think originally the internet was supposed to be for military traffic only but as it was so easy to get on to back then it soon became inundated with everyone. As said most things were free back then but quite limited. The money people soon cottoned on to the fact that they could charge for thier services, not such a bad thing if those services are worth the money but of course this also left the internet wide open for the scammers to take advantage.

Back
Top Bottom