Potentially the longest thread in history...

JUST got my PC done! Core I7 230,Thermaltake Frio *temps hovering in the low 30's*, nVidea GTX 275 CO-OP PhysX, 1TB WD Green, 6GB OCZ Fatality, blue ray, Enermax Revolution 950W, 21" ASUS LCD, SteelSeries Merc Stealth Illuminated, Logitech G9, Creative Fatality headset. Will be uploading pics soon!

Didn't know they made a "230" ;)

Re: Today I have...

Oh, Today I have dodged about 300 bucks with of bills from fixing faulty billing and wrong cutoff dates for my services. Not to mention saving another 80 bucks by waiting until the 21st to shut down my vonage...silly contracts.

Today i have started phase one of convincing my parents to get a new TV, i stuck them straight into the deepend and showed them both Samsung and Panasonics 3D offerings. And we were all largely impressed, especially as even the 2d images were far superior to our current several generation old Samsung LCD TV. And just for the record Panasonics 3D TV had the superior 3D effect, seemed to have less crosstalk, more 'pop' and appeared to be smoother with less distinct layers to the 3D image. It's hard for anyone except people that have looked at the TV's to understand what i mean, but if you have, you probably will ;)

So, Phase one was a success, i even got them to continue talking about it at home :p

Phase 2 will be to sneak in the cost side of things into conversations..

lol nice! The major electronic stores here in Panama just started getting the LED tvs less than a year ago...god knows how long it will take for 3D to get here. TBH I'm impressed with the colors that the LED tvs bring out, but not the stupid soap opera affect it has on everything.

3D should be fun as heck though, and since Sony is going to start pumping out 3D ready PS3 games soon...that should make it that much better :d g/l on convincing the parents :D

Ah the last of the night, I have half a bottle of Hoegaarden left and 1 Cigarette left and I am writing this I have lit my *** and I am enjoying my final drink of the night. For some reason I have felt a great calm despite some incidents I feel that all is right with MY world right now.

Even though in the morning I have to deal with half a ton of paper work and deal with the bureaucracy that is the British Army supply chain, I feel a very odd calm at this moment in time.
This calm is like that before the storm, i see a time where days like this will be rare and I hope that I am wrong because I do not see my self withering the storm it is my children and my children's children who will deal with it.

All I know is in the morning I am going to wake up and I will try to make sure that they dont have half the problems I have had.

Yeh i only really got about 1 minute with each TV, which is nowhere near enough time but i couldn't watch properly with some PC World prat stood next to me putting me off. But it was enough to say the Panny was definitely better, although i think i actually do prefer the LED display on the Samsung than the Plasma on the Panasonic. Either will do, though. I would say the experience is different to the cinema, things dont come up right to your face. Instead things come about 1 foot out infront of the screen and 2 feet behind it, thats the kind of depth you can see. But as i said, this was only a 1 minute trial and from what i could tell the effect was REALLY source dependent, as a load of sources were being displayed on a sample disk.

@Hikaricloud

I am telling you this LCD is real old school, i think it's like the 1st ever series HD (720p) LCD samsung brought out. Black levels ?, what black levels..

Yeh.. it's not great. I mean if you spend ages setting the thing up, and turn off ambient lights it can still look good with some HD material. But if you put it in PC World or Best Buy now against other TV's you'd laugh at the image.

I need an American! Been playing Wordmaster on the DS, despite buying it in the UK it's asking me to solve state capitals.
Could someone help me solve this anagram?
'junuea'
The clue is State capital. Which is a great lot of use to a brit :p

I will be embarrassed if it ends up meaning 'state' as in 'country'

I'm impressed with the colors that the LED tvs bring out, but not the stupid soap opera affect it has on everything.

Unfortunately most LCDs do that now too. Our new one upscales everything to like 60fps (upscale isn't the word but I don't know what is) so it all looks bad :(

Back
Top Bottom