Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I...

...deep cleaned my car. Scrubbed the dash, floors, center console, seats, everything. Got to work on cleaning up the engine bay, but I need to wire loom to tidy it up. OEM wire loom is starting to weather, so I'm going to pull the wiring harness, and completely re-tube it with dark blue wire loom. Just have to find the cheapest stuff I can first.

...found out my girlfriend got a promotion. Only after being there a few months (about 3 now) she's getting a $4/hour raise, and more guaranteed hours per week. Was nice to know, and she's really happy.

...bought some parts for my pitbike, and bought a '83 Kawasaki KLX 250, but needs new brakes. For $75 I couldn't pass it up. Rode it for about 15 minutes before I bought it, and it runs **** near perfect.

Ah yes, the star destroyer. The most unintelligent design of a space ship ever imagined. Where the shield generators are, outside, the shield.

Actually this came up on a podcast i listen to.

What do you think would win, the enterprise (the good one), or a star destroyer. I say the enterprise as you just cant kill that thing, it took kirk to destory it himself...

to me it comes down to this....the empire was defeated by fuzzy little bears, yes you know, ewoks.

Ah yes, the star destroyer. The most unintelligent design of a space ship ever imagined. Where the shield generators are, outside, the shield.

Actually this came up on a podcast i listen to.

What do you think would win, the enterprise (the good one), or a star destroyer. I say the enterprise as you just cant kill that thing, it took kirk to destory it himself...

to me it comes down to this....the empire was defeated by fuzzy little bears, yes you know, ewoks.

Any Enterprise not operated by the next generation crew would demolish the star destroyer. However if anyone from TNG is calling the shots the Enterprise will fire 1-2 shots, probably crippling the star destroyer, and then proceed to do absolutely nothing for the next 10+ minutes while the star destroyer wears down their shields and destroys the ship.

^i hear you, thats the problem that you have to think about. The shots from the enterprise would be precise, but not many at all, because they take so long doing anything, but the guys on the star destroyer are just firing like mad ****ing hampsters.

Yeah the TNG chain of command is so inefficient that the Star Destroyer could probably drop it's shields for 5s and the Enterprise couldn't even take advantage of it since they have to go through the routine of

a) tactical officer stating the obvious
b) captain giving obvious order in response to obvious statement
c) tactical officer acknowledging obvious order
d) tactical officer executing obvious order

^ypu...
there was a few other things that were bought up, like tie fighters and bombers. But the tie fighters are pretty useless, they are like disposable cameras, they know they are not coming back. The proton bombs (i think it is proton bombs anyway) also randomly go down when shot in space, so they are pretty useless as well, and the enterprise has shields, and you know the shock troopers are going to be useless if they try to board the enterprise some how. Because ewoks can beat them. I think the enterprise wins almost in every scenario, unless it is crewed by a TNG crew.

^ypu...
there was a few other things that were bought up, like tie fighters and bombers. But the tie fighters are pretty useless, they are like disposable cameras, they know they are not coming back. The proton bombs (i think it is proton bombs anyway) also randomly go down when shot in space, so they are pretty useless as well, and the enterprise has shields, and you know the shock troopers are going to be useless if they try to board the enterprise some how. Because ewoks can beat them. I think the enterprise wins almost in every scenario, unless it is crewed by a TNG crew.

Yeah I don't think having fighters would do much to held the Star Destroyer since their weapons would be far less effective than the Destroyers own weapons on the enterprises shields. Besides the weapons in Star Trek seem to have good enough targeting system to pick them off pretty easily.

One major advantage the Enterprise would have is transporters. Assuming they could take down the Star Destroyers shields they could easily use it as a weapons delivery system capable of bypassing the ships armor a la Stargate Atlantis although it's debatable if they would use them like that.

As bad as the Storm Troopers are they might actually stand a chance against Starfleets equally inept security forces.

Back
Top Bottom