My Awesome Computer Isn't Being Very Awesome

Then you might have more than just possible malware issues... Does it boot past the splash screen and just freeze/have issues when it tries to load Windows?

I know that it has more than malware issues. I think it's much worse. What is the splash screen?

Just now waiting for it to do something it turned to a blue screen saying it was shutting down to prevent damage.... I CANT boot it I'm normal mode and I'm not going to try again. I need to get rid of stuff in safe mode before doing anything else

Splash screen is the screen that comes up and displays your motherboard brand's name. Or if you have that disabled, it should go through a list of POST messages, checking hardware and such.

Just now waiting for it to do something it turned to a blue screen saying it was shutting down to prevent damage.... I CANT boot it I'm normal mode and I'm not going to try again. I need to get rid of stuff in safe mode before doing anything else

We need to find out what exactly it's doing first... so you're probably going to have to try again so we can get that BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) info.

While in Safe Mode, go to Start -> right click 'My Computer' -> Properties -> on the left side click "Advanced system settings" on the left panel -> under the 'Startup and Recovery' section click Settings... -> under the System Failure section, uncheck "Automatically Restart" and click OK on all open dialog windows. Try to reboot into Normal Mode again, and when the BSOD comes up, provide a CLEAR picture of the entire screen, especially the bottom with the STOP message, the error code and it's parameters, as well as if it mentions a .SYS file at the bottom.

It goes to the login screen and freezes. Now I'm probably waiting for it to go to the BSOD.

It allowed me (extremely slowly) to type in the password and now it is taking a long time for the Welcome and the spinning dial to load.

Honestly sounds like you might wanna just back up your important data and reformat/reinstall your OS...

Honestly sounds like you might wanna just back up your important data and reformat/reinstall your OS...

If I want to upgrade to Windows 8 anyway would that solve all my problems? Just installing it? Or would that put all my viruses and **** into Windows 8

If I want to upgrade to Windows 8 anyway would that solve all my problems? Just installing it? Or would that put all my viruses and **** into Windows 8

If you do a fresh install by backing up your personal data to external media or something (external or secondary HDD, flash drive, CD/DVD's, or even cloud storage), and then reformat the HDD, and then install Win8...no, it won't pull anything over.

Back
Top Bottom