Is it possible to completely remove Metro from Windows 8?

I don't think that Ex7forW8 was designed for touch screens, mostly for desktops for peeps that are accustomed to Windows 7 monitors.
Windows 8/8.1 is specifically designed for touch screens...which is why so many others with monitors can't stand it

I don't think that Ex7forW8 was designed for touch screens, mostly for desktops for peeps that are accustomed to Windows 7 monitors.
Windows 8/8.1 is specifically designed for touch screens...which is why so many others with monitors can't stand it

I wasn't using a touchscreen. The touchpad on my laptop is what I was talking about.

Since Ex7ForW8 changed Explorer, the shortcuts had nowhere to hook into, so they just did the key combination (i.e. Win+X) when the touchpad was swiped. There was a registry hack to try and disable them, but it hosed my system and I had to reformat (even after undoing the reg changes - not sure what happened with it).

EX7forW8 is no longer supported past Windows 8 so anybody with 8.1 can't use EX7for W8 anyway.....it's all a mute point at this time. There are several different programs that can change the Windows 8.1 gui to look like Windows 7. I reckon that peeps use whatever they are happiest with

Back
Top Bottom