I want to make a website...

Also I would hate it if Wordpress kept their own footnote at the bottom of the page. And is wordpress so customizable that if I used a theme of theirs and I edited it so much, could it not resemble the original? I just don't want it shouting in your face: WORDPRESS... THIS SITE IS MADE WITH WORDPRESS!!!

Also I would hate it if Wordpress kept their own footnote at the bottom of the page.
Yes, you can remove that.

And is wordpress so customizable that if I used a theme of theirs and I edited it so much, could it not resemble the original? I just don't want it shouting in your face: WORDPRESS... THIS SITE IS MADE WITH WORDPRESS!!!

Take a look at the links I posted earlier. Those sites look fairly different, don't they? There's your answer. Note that you'll most likely have to do some customization yourself if you don't want it to look "exactly" like how the theme presents it, which would require you to at least some CSS/HTML, possibly PHP if you want to dive into more core-Wordpress things.

Is there a way to get rid of the blog aspect of it? Also is there an easy way to make templates or customize them so that they no longer look like the original? I don't want to pay like $50 dollars for a web template.

Is there a way to get rid of the blog aspect of it?

You don't have to use it as a blog. You can just make categories/pages like normal and disable comments on the pages so the comment block goes away on all your pages. You can structure your pages so that they're less blog-like and more categorical, and change the page naming structure (that appears in the browser's URL bar) from the date scheme to an id scheme or name scheme as well.

Also is there an easy way to make templates or customize them so that they no longer look like the original? I don't want to pay like $50 dollars for a web template.

That's what the themes are for - then you can customize the themes if you like by either changing settings in the themes in the Admin panel of WP, or by manually editing the CSS for the theme.

Hey CarnageX, Happy Holidays! I came across this thread as being close to the info I'm looking for, I think. I'm in process of educating myself a lot more when it comes to the computer thing. My question is this, I have an idea for possible website/business startup. I don't want to put it out in the open on the forum but it is something that relates to anyone that has had a problem with a website but can't seem to find phone numbers for said website. I guess I'm looking for a consulting firm or somebody who has experience with setting up websites that would make a viable business? Or tell you that the idea is not worth it. Aside from an idea and how I think it could be set up and profitable my technical skills are lacking to put it lightly. Any idea who I could talk to? Or if you know something about it I could PM you with a little more detail. Appreciate any info that you may have. Even a sliver would at least get me moving in right direction if its something your not really versed in. Thanks again!!!

How are you doing Carnage? The idea is this, occasionally we all come
across a website that has screwed us over every once in a while. Now
JoeShmo.com is supposedly located in Hawaii but you live in Nebraska
and chances are that you want more info than they put on the net.
Local phone numbers, addresses, etc. It would be easier to obtain that
info if it could be retrieved by someone that is already in the area.
Sort of a flat fee to someone that is connected to your site network
to send you or anyone the info you request. I guess the idea could be
compared to process server/private detective without charging the
ridiculous fees that they would charge since all you really want is a
physical address and local number so you have a starting point to get
a hold of the site authors. Like for example, I have a problem trying
to get a hold of the people who run a website because they never
return emails, no phone number is available on the internet. But I
would like to bombard their address with certified letters till I
either get a response or use it as something to get local enforcement
involved.
Now I'm not talking about fanatical nonsense. Especially the way
the world is today. I don't know if I described what the idea is
enough, but just something simple. I don't know of anything online
that provides a service like what I described. Aside from reverse
phone lookups which are usually inaccurate. And not having to be a
technical wiz to do IP investigations which involves more time and
effort than the problem with a websites true location is worth. Any
info you have or think about this is appreciated. I'm sure I'm missing
something that probably makes the idea not to realistic. Somebody
would have already thought of it if it was that good. But I'm sure
Einstein thought the same thing, LOL!!! I'm no Einstein.....Thanks
again for any thought as to the good ....the bad....and the ugly on
this idea...
Tried to PM but it wouldn't let me. Either because I'm fairly new to the forum or because it thinks I'm sending spam. I don't know why it thinks I'm sending spam. Anyway, this is the second time I had to write this...I'm not going for # 3. LOL!!!

Oh, if you don't know how to program, it's better to ask someone else or a company to do it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom