Game of the Year

Add XCOM: Enemy Unknown to that list.

I think Enemy Unknown was 2012. Enemy Within was definitely 2013.

I'm annoyed because Japan just bailed on the council. And AFTER I saved Fukuoka!!! Sheesh.

NO ONE appreciates all the hard work of killing aliens.

BTW, as a brief side note, delaying the outsider shard research keeps the game from advancing too much - you'll get those annoying chrysalis spider dudes, the first muton and sectoid mechs, but - so far - nothing else.

That lets you develop a LOT of tech - gene implants, MEC upgrades, plasma weapons, carapace armor, etc.

I think Enemy Unknown was 2012. Enemy Within was definitely 2013.

I'm annoyed because Japan just bailed on the council. And AFTER I saved Fukuoka!!! Sheesh.

NO ONE appreciates all the hard work of killing aliens.

BTW, as a brief side note, delaying the outsider shard research keeps the game from advancing too much - you'll get those annoying chrysalis spider dudes, the first muton and sectoid mechs, but - so far - nothing else.

That lets you develop a LOT of tech - gene implants, MEC upgrades, plasma weapons, carapace armor, etc.

Yeah, it was November 2012, but there were other older games on people's lists. I took the topic as the best games you played in 2013. Either way, Slay needs to play it.

There are a few places in the story where you can stall to upgrade and do random missions. It helps a lot.

Yeah, it was November 2012, but there were other older games on people's lists. I took the topic as the best games you played in 2013. Either way, Slay needs to play it.

TOTALLY agree.

And there are huge advantages to holding off, even if Dr. Vahlen gets snippy every time you kill an outsider even though you have the shard RIGHT THERE, y'know?

I'm going to be taking down alien ships with my new Demons. And they can suck on my MECs' railguns and cloud healing.

I'm upgrading troops, adding genetic enhancements, etc.

BTW, feel up to some Payday 2 in the next few days? Provided you can handle my voice - I'm hoarse as hell right now from the coughing and inhalers.

TOTALLY agree.

And there are huge advantages to holding off, even if Dr. Vahlen gets snippy every time you kill an outsider even though you have the shard RIGHT THERE, y'know?

I'm going to be taking down alien ships with my new Demons. And they can suck on my MECs' railguns and cloud healing.

I'm upgrading troops, adding genetic enhancements, etc.

BTW, feel up to some Payday 2 in the next few days? Provided you can handle my voice - I'm hoarse as hell right now from the coughing and inhalers.

Yeah for sure. Friday I have a date with Slay and Diablo 3, but I would like to get down again on Payday soon.

Back
Top Bottom