Dark Souls 3 -Spoiler Thread

I couldn't keep pounding away bc he recovers much faster than the player does. It was a methodical fight of bait, stick and move.

He was definitely one of the hardest enemies in the first 3 areas. Pretty cool that they threw that into a seemingly simple and easy area. Totally caught me off guard.

Can't wait to get into this more tonight.

how you liking it Mantooth how far are you

I am liking it a lot. Reminds me of Demons and Dark 1. Trying a different playstyle this time so it feels every bit as challenging as the older games.

I am at first bonfire at High Lothric Wall. I am struggling with crowd control combined with ranged enemies throwing firebombs or shooting fire arrows.

Last edited:
He was definitely one of the hardest enemies in the first 3 areas. Pretty cool that they threw that into a seemingly simple and easy area. Totally caught me off guard.

Can't wait to get into this more tonight.

Yes he was. I thought the first boss fight was challenging also. I am going to stick with the mercenary build.

I am liking it a lot. Reminds me of Demons and Dark 1. Trying a different playstyle this time so it feels every bit as challenging as the older games.

I am at first bonfire at High Lothric Wall. I am struggling with crowd control combined with ranged enemies throwing firebombs or shooting fire arrows.

I am not much passed there myself

Beat the high wall boss, beat the town boss, found an old npc friend from dark 1, beat the forest/swamp boss. Found three covenants, joined \o/, made my dual daggers "sharp" so they scale A with dexterity, level 32 I think, about 12 hours in. The forest has a gank squad of invaders. Cool old enemy located as well. Have enough shards for 8 estus, but the healing kind seems to be capped at 6 for now. A lot of mechanics seem a bit lacking with explanation or clarity. True power from that NPC? The item you give to the guy on the throne? Trial and error is fine, but there is a lot of interaction with NPCs and I assume you can mess that up. Even with multiple playthroughs it may not all be clear. Oh well. Good stuff so far. Looks crisp, runs solid, some sound desync issue is the only problem I've had at all.

Beat the high wall boss, beat the town boss, found an old npc friend from dark 1, beat the forest/swamp boss. Found three covenants, joined \o/, made my dual daggers "sharp" so they scale A with dexterity, level 32 I think, about 12 hours in. The forest has a gank squad of invaders. Cool old enemy located as well. Have enough shards for 8 estus, but the healing kind seems to be capped at 6 for now. A lot of mechanics seem a bit lacking with explanation or clarity. True power from that NPC? The item you give to the guy on the throne? Trial and error is fine, but there is a lot of interaction with NPCs and I assume you can mess that up. Even with multiple playthroughs it may not all be clear. Oh well. Good stuff so far. Looks crisp, runs solid, some sound desync issue is the only problem I've had at all.

You are a lot further than any of us. I am only maybe 4 hours of actual game play into it so far. I think they wanted to encourage multiple playthroughs more than ever with this one. Probably because it was the last.

I'm in the 4th area. Found over 20 weapons so far, lots of gear. I murdered the NPC who is sitting on the rock outside where you can take the elevator down to the 4th area. He dropped his shield and mace. The vendor @ Firelight sells his gear. Normally I wouldn't kill an NPC right off the rip...but his gear looked pimp as ****, and his gear also has the best stats I've seen thus far. Perfect for a knight/warrior in my opinion. I can't use the shield/mace yet because you need a minimum of 50 strength for both! I should be through the swamp area tonight.

Overall, I'm kind of disappointed at how easy the first few bosses have been. However, the game is loads of fun so far.

I'm in the 4th area. Found over 20 weapons so far, lots of gear. I murdered the NPC who is sitting on the rock outside where you can take the elevator down to the 4th area. He dropped his shield and mace. The vendor @ Firelight sells his gear. Normally I wouldn't kill an NPC right off the rip...but his gear looked pimp as ****, and his gear also has the best stats I've seen thus far. Perfect for a knight/warrior in my opinion. I can't use the shield/mace yet because you need a minimum of 50 strength for both! I should be through the swamp area tonight.

Overall, I'm kind of disappointed at how easy the first few bosses have been. However, the game is loads of fun so far.

You just wait, your Darkbeast Paarl moment will come!

Back
Top Bottom