Dark Souls 2

It.is.already.confirmed.to be current.gen.

I think I read the same article that confirm that this game will be horrible. It also had story that you can play this while playing dungeon and dragons. Larping is more fun than this game will be. I am sorry that I upset LARP community by comparing them to people that like horrible games.

Ok this is driving me crazy lol, what is up with the periods in your posts?

I was gonna ask that too.

Here's the thing about Skyrim, not to go off-topic too much - Skyrim is basically Norwegian black metal turned into a game. As I played it, I kept thinking about the Christianization of Scandinavia and the loss of local religious customs. It's not high fantasy - it's dirty. It's muddy. People are, by and large, poor. The game has noteworthy class systems in it ("Do you ever get up to the Cloud District? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't"). You don't walk around gleaming cities - you walk on rough-hewn stone, at best. Everything seems busted and broken down, and you're constantly dealing with occupying forces in the form of the Thalmor, and those occupation troops are forcing religious beliefs on a culture.

So yeah, Skyrim is about a little more than fetch quests, even if it seems like the errands you can run for villagers are ALL fetch quests.

With that said, I love Dark Souls in much the same way, but for entirely different reasons. I can barnstorm through Skyrim like I'm swinging a vorpal sword and killing jabberwocks, but that gets me killed INSTANTLY in Dark Souls. My play style is often sneakier - getting close for one hit kills, etc. - so Dark Souls actually fits my playstyle better.

The upshot of it is that I'm totally excited about Dark Souls 2 and can't wait to die some more ;)

The app for this site does not work on my phone.

The spacebar on my smartphone's keyboard is clearly designed for a left thumb dominant individual. The auto correct using the full website on a smartphone is a pain in the sphinctoid and I type three words.ahead.of.what I am thinking. And it is way too much work to correct so I gots 2 butt cheeks that you boys can pucker up and smooch.

I am just not a fan of Skyrim. It is more of a true RPG which is obviously very popular. I just prefer the action oriented emphasis and control in Dark Souls.

Oh lol ok. Have you tried the Swype option? It spaces for you.

Oh and about Skyrim, I loved it for about 100 hours. Absolutely incredible. The last 30ish hours I didnt enjoy as much. The dungeon repetition is always a problem in the Elder Scrolls games. Eventually it drives me crazy and I don't want to play it anymore.

Oh lol ok. Have you tried the Swype option? It spaces for you.

Oh and about Skyrim, I loved it for about 100 hours. Absolutely incredible. The last 30ish hours I didnt enjoy as much. The dungeon repetition is always a problem in the Elder Scrolls games. Eventually it drives me crazy and I don't want to play it anymore.

thats me also I out about 200 in but at about 100 I just wasnt that into it. I like how there is so so much to do but at the same time there is almost 2 much I like to be able to complete a game

thats me also I out about 200 in but at about 100 I just wasnt that into it. I like how there is so so much to do but at the same time there is almost 2 much I like to be able to complete a game

Well, here's your real problem with Skyrim then - there's no finishing it. If I recall correctly, Skyrim uses procedural generation to keep creating quests for townspeople. You can, in short, play it forever. There will never be an end to missions, although you can finish the main quest line, the civil war questline, the daedric quests and the guild quests, but even the guilds will keep generating quests for you.

It's a hell of a value buy, even if it is overwhelming :)

Back
Top Bottom