Crysis glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to post my find for gamers who may have similar issues.

If you are having a hard time beating the game because you found bugs such as the bar being in your way when you break down doors and finding yourself having to pretend your dead and crawl under the bar.
If you find some doors are impossible to break down *Or if you found if you hit from the side you can punch them out after a few hits*
If you find you get up on deck and nothing is there to fight.
If you found that guy behind the one door frozen with a gun in his hand.

You've probably played with the cl_strength cheat. Put -- in front of it in your config file your playing to disable it and try starting the Reckoning level from the begining. Now when the Captain or Morrison or whoever he is tells you go get out there and fight and the door is blocked, put your suit on strength mode and hit your melee button. The door is suppose to just flat out open and no bar will be in your way. You'll see all doors open properly when done the right way and the characters can move where they are suppose to and the storyline will play out properly and you can fight the big bad ailen monster at the end.

What I've found out through my tedious search on the net for an answer to this "bug" that of course was created by myself for messing with the config file in the first place is the newest patch for Crysis did some work on some of the files that determine what happens to objects when they are punched. Due to some violence issues, the patch prevents the enemies from "flying" in the air like you may have seen in some videos giving examples of the cheat. If you use the cheat before you install the patch, you can see the characters fly through the air if you use the cl_strength cheat. With the patch installed they just fall to their knees. This of course affects the objects and the course in which they were ment to respond to an action. Remove the cheat, remove the bugs.

I hope someone finds this information useful because I had to figure it out by watching a video of someone beating the last level and watching how the doors just opened properly for them. That triggered in my mind, "Why do the bars remain in the way for me?" And of course the cl_strength cheat is the only explaination as to why. The game still has it's bugs, but this has helped fix the last level. The Reckoning is working for me now and I finally was able to beat the game. I wanted to have it done in 2008, but I can honestly say it's the first thing I accomplished in 2009!

Happy New Year everyone!
Wisc Wolf Wisdom
WWW2000

Not too bad for a first post Wolf. I thought it was the usual spam at first but reading through it changed my mind. Keep up the good work ;).

Alright everybody, I'm joining a bunch of forums to bring up a glitch I would like to see get fixed in the next patch sometime soon. Most of the other glitches are things that happen randomly or are due to performance problems with the gamers computer but this is different. If you fire the incendiary ammo at night and watch the fire burst after the bullet hits, you will see that the burst of reflecting light on the ground lights up only a square range of pixles. No matter how high the settings are this happens, it seems like they never finished beta testing the incendiary ammo or something. Actually though it's not just that, also if you shoot a gun lying on the ground the same thing happens when the bullet hits and sparks off of the gun. So it happens whenever there's a burst of light in a dark area. This is annoying in a game that is suppose to be so realistic, it's like getting really into a movie and then seeing the microphone come down in front of the actors face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom