Are you overweight?

What's your BMI?

• BMI below 19: Underweight (you should gain weight!)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • BMI: 19 - 26: Healthy

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • BMI: 27 - 30: Overweight (increased mortality)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • BMI above 30: Obese (significantly increased mortality)

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Still making changes, though. My doc is working on my thyroid. He has had me on meds for it for a while but not enough. He just bumped me up again for the third time and I go back in a month to have my levels checked again. When he first checked it he was amazed I was functional at all. Once that is addressed things should move better.

Hypo or Hyperthyroidism?

Most weight gained is by eating too much before sleep.

very very true!

simply eating dinner at a earlier time so it can digest is key.. also not eating sugar before food as insulin stops your normal food digesting and stores it.

IIRC, it's actually just a myth. It can mess with your sleep cycle / circadian rhythm / hormones, and can eventually lead to weight gain...but isn't the direct cause.

Your body uses food as energy and in return if you eat later you retain most of that weight because your body isn't active. I definitely noticed when I changed my eating schedule I wasn't gaining weight anymore and I didn't change what I was eating. Last year this time I had quite the pudge going on. I switched to breakfast and lunch and stop retaining that weight. If you snack before bed it's even worse because that's even more calories.

Your metabolism just slows down, it doesn't stop while you sleep - so you're still burning some of that energy. So yeah if you eat a full meal constantly or lots of junk food before you sleep, then you'll possibly gain weight just due to the fact that metabolism slowed somewhat. Though if you're sedentary during the day, eating early or late won't matter much anyway because that'll be a more the primary cause. It also depends on the person for metabolism rate; i have a pretty high rate of metabolism and I can eat right before bed every night and not gain any weight (I've tried).

According to the calculator I'm 20.99, but I'm a small guy. 5' 6", ~130lbs - was around 115 throughout HS until I went to college and then I gained another 10-15lbs...now I've been sitting at that same weight. I'd prefer to gain a little more weight actually, and then after that start to work out and gain more muscle mass.

So have you made any progress Carnage?!?!? I'm 6'2, 160lbs (20.5 BMI) and I've been telling myself "let me just gain some more weight, and then work out to get bigger" forever just as you probably still are. We're both in the same boat:silent:

So have you made any progress Carnage?!?!? I'm 6'2, 160lbs (20.5 BMI) and I've been telling myself "let me just gain some more weight, and then work out to get bigger" forever just as you probably still are. We're both in the same boat:silent:

Nope lol. Still sitting around the same - most likely need to just actually work out and build muscle mass to gain weight via muscle.

I'm 6ft, weighed 80kg/176lb a couple months ago but at 70kg/155lb now or "21.17" BMI apparently (though BMI is pretty much useless). Stress takes it outta ya :/ getting back into my weights now though, I'm not the type to take progress pics but hmmm might be interesting this time around.

Back
Top Bottom