Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Why was it a fail (besides your i5 being in the state it is)?
Water was the reason it screwed up in the first place. Seemed to have worked great once i got it working correctly but i thought the block was the reason for the freezing. In the end though it turned out just to be the CPU itself after i had already disassembled it and modded my case to make it fit. It was only my second water loop to date and i had nothing to go by besides "mk i bought 3ft of tube, and a bunch of spare parts, lets do this!". Live and learn.

Today i picked up my gf from the airport with my dad and sister and played Dragon Age as well as chilled with some friends. Not very productive but it wasnt to bad.

I actually picked up the 450, gonna try unlocking it before I get it to my brother. How stable is it?

Completely stable from what I have seen so far. I think I might have a stick of DDR2 acting up, but the CPU is cruising right along.

Water was the reason it screwed up in the first place. Seemed to have worked great once i got it working correctly but i thought the block was the reason for the freezing. In the end though it turned out just to be the CPU itself after i had already disassembled it and modded my case to make it fit. It was only my second water loop to date and i had nothing to go by besides "mk i bought 3ft of tube, and a bunch of spare parts, lets do this!". Live and learn.
That sucks man. Part of me wants to eventually do WC, but the simplicity of air cooling is something that would be hard to go away from...
Today i picked up my gf from the airport with my dad and sister and played Dragon Age as well as chilled with some friends. Not very productive but it wasnt to bad.
Often those days are the best :D.

That sucks man. Part of me wants to eventually do WC, but the simplicity of air cooling is something that would be hard to go away from...

Often those days are the best :D.

If i had the internet at the time i would have been able to do it right from the start and not have a problem. So half my fault for being ignorant enough to try and half net douche's fault for not letting us on.

And yea chillin with friends makes anything better really.

Completely stable from what I have seen so far. I think I might have a stick of DDR2 acting up, but the CPU is cruising right along.

I spoke too soon. The RAM checked out fine, but I think the fourth core was causing BSOD's when she games.

^you to realize that bear is starchy right? It will do the opposite lol.

today i have...
woke up
ate some food (muffins actually)
started up my computer to notcie that somehow someway mcaffee got installed, prolly one of those stupid trial scanners when you install some programs, i must have not noticed it last night, i was pretty tired. Got rid of that, and now im posting on TF.

Back
Top Bottom