Potentially the longest thread in history...

"There" is a word meaning roughly "at that place" or "a location other than here" which can be used metaphorically to reference 'place' in a sentence as in 'there is no point in me explaining this, but whatever'

"They're" is a contraction of the words "They" (as in the third person personal pronoun) and "Are" (as in the extension of the first person verb "to be" to the second person).

In the above post, the correct usage would in fact be the latter of my examples, as the former would make no grammatical sense.
:grin:

If that was me i would have told you guys to **** off. Like come on guys, were not spelling nazis here. Lately i have been seeing that a lot, give it a rest. Most people, including myself do not use completely accurate grammar, it is not needed, if you accidentally use the wrong there, there is really no reason to fix it if you notice it. This is not a literature forum, it is a tech forum, keep on topic. If all you want to do is go correcting people for grammar perhaps you should find a forum where that's what people do, and post these kind of posts there. I'm not freaking out here, just seriously, come on guys.

Re: Today I have...

After our daughter picked the baby up, my mom went with us to Best Buy to check out video cameras. She bought my wife and I a camera, extra battery, SD card, and bag as an early Christmas present so we can be recording the grandbaby. She also took us out to Zaxby's. :D

What camera? Have you thought about reviewing it?

The day when jokes aren't needed in an off topic forum in a thread with no topic will be a sad day. Just chill out once in awhile. You might just find yourself having a little fun.

Back
Top Bottom