Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I sent my CPU in on RMA today. I am currently using my wife's rig, which is still nice, but it doesn't have my customized Firefox on it. Nor will she let me customize Firefox any more than it already is.

May I ask what was the cause of the malfunction of your quadcore ?
It's seems like you doing good for a change when ups drop that package off.. :D
Anyway, I am sure AMD will give you a better a rev of your Phenom II 965 X4.

How is my old Athlon II X3 cpu doing inside your wifes computer ?

Salty said:
I thinks its time for a change..... Get a new wife :D

A new one? I've got almost 24 years invested in training this one. Why would I want to start all over now? :p

MikeFury said:
May I ask what was the cause of the malfunction of your quadcore ?
It's seems like you doing good for a change when ups drop that package off..
Anyway, I am sure AMD will give you a better a rev of your Phenom II 965 X4.

How is my old Athlon II X3 cpu doing inside your wifes computer ?

The x3/x4 B35 is chugging right along, mate. Much obliged for passing it along.

The memory controller in my CPU is bad. It wouldn't let me boot if any RAM were in slots 2 or 4, making dual channel impossible (or using more than two DIMMs). I had been running in single channel because of a misprint in the mobo manual which said 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 were dual channel. When I went to do a review of some new RAM I discovered that it was FUBAR.

Sometimes its worth cutting your losses and starting a fresh Lmao!

Are the tri-cores still a good option for price/performance I am looking for a workspace pc with a bit of a kick. tossing between a tri and a dual core

This tri, Athlon II x3 445, unlocked to a Phenom II x4 B35. It's a gamble, but most do unlock.

Today i have come to the final conclusion that my i5 is borked. Water cooling was epic fail and in the end now im left with a stock clocked i5 and there is such a difference im thinking of strapping the TRUE on the 940 and use that instead......maybe.

Back
Top Bottom