Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I found a cat walking back from the train station today. It had no collar, was dirty, its fur was clumped up, was skinny to the bone, and was trying to take cover from the rain under a bush.
It was very friendly and seemed very happy just to have attention.

So I took it to a couple of houses asking if they knew who the owner was, and the people at the second house I went to said it looked a lot like a photo they had seen on a lost cat poster.
So we drove to the milk bar (where the lost cat poster was) and it did look quite similar. But it was hard to tell if it was the same cat, being so skinny and dirty.

We copied the number down and went back to their house to call it, and got an answering machine.
So we exchanged numbers, and now the cat is at their house, waiting for the people to call back.

If it turns out the cat isn't theirs, I may end up taking it back here.

I really hate cats.
They're like this when you're watching:

funny-pictures-kitten-hug.jpg

then they're all like this:
edit:slightly gory pic

feral-cat-kills-birds.jpg

V The thing is, even cats that are well fed will still go out and kill stuff for fun. It's just in their nature.

Cats have got to eat somehow.
If they don't have an owner feeding them that's quite often how they do it.

But a lot of house cats simply wouldn't know how anyway, and if their owner chucks them out or they get lost, they can't really fend for themselves.

@Hikaricloud

I am telling you this LCD is real old school, i think it's like the 1st ever series HD (720p) LCD samsung brought out. Black levels ?, what black levels..

Yeh.. it's not great. I mean if you spend ages setting the thing up, and turn off ambient lights it can still look good with some HD material. But if you put it in PC World or Best Buy now against other TV's you'd laugh at the image.

And yet it's still so much better than my 20 inch standard definition hunk of junk.

I need an American! Been playing Wordmaster on the DS, despite buying it in the UK it's asking me to solve state capitals.
Could someone help me solve this anagram?
'junuea'
The clue is State capital. Which is a great lot of use to a brit :p

I will be embarrassed if it ends up meaning 'state' as in 'country'

washington d.c?

Today I

.... arranged my first job interview with Fujitstu. (My current job is not working out as well as oringinally promised)

.... found out that my sister is engaged. (about bloody time as they have been living with each other for nearly 10 years now)

.... got myself a free gym set. (land lady as been keeping that thing in my appartment for the last 12 now saying that she going to give it to a friend. No she's give up saying if I want it, take it.)

Today i have started phase one of convincing my parents to get a new TV, i stuck them straight into the deepend and showed them both Samsung and Panasonics 3D offerings. And we were all largely impressed, especially as even the 2d images were far superior to our current several generation old Samsung LCD TV. And just for the record Panasonics 3D TV had the superior 3D effect, seemed to have less crosstalk, more 'pop' and appeared to be smoother with less distinct layers to the 3D image. It's hard for anyone except people that have looked at the TV's to understand what i mean, but if you have, you probably will ;)

So, Phase one was a success, i even got them to continue talking about it at home :p

Phase 2 will be to sneak in the cost side of things into conversations..

My parents have been at Phase one for the last few years now. The only problem is that the existing TV still works.

Back
Top Bottom