Xbox 360 E74 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get rid of the E74 error, requires you to reflow the board. That means taking it apart, rubbing flux all over the thing and taking a heat gun to it then replacing the crappy x-clamps. I still have a launch xbox that works perfectly fine and I used to fix these things for a living. PS3's I fixed just as many of them (mainly blu-ray players but sometimes "yellow light of death").

IF you get it working again, you can install TVersity or PlayOn on your computer and stream music/movies/pics to your xbox, BUT to run it the xbox needs to be able to run the regular firmware.

the HDD and DVD drive are sata but the dvd drive can not be used in a computer unless someone comes up with some crazy drivers. HDD can be formatted to anything.

There are people that have made drivers to use the 360 DVD AND HDDVD drive on computers, the issue is the proprietary power connection, gotta hack that cable up.

The hard drive, I have actually formatted over with NTFS and been able to still see my game saves afterwards, was really funny seeing that happen...

never do the towel thing.. and we cant really say how long the new ps3s last. they havent been out that longl
I just did the towel thing on mine and it is working again lol. I have also done the oven trick on mine. Course it doesn't matter what happens to the hardware because it is my Elite and I have a Slim.

The towel trick is standard, but risky. An oven bake at ~500F for a few minutes is far safer as the parts are not operating.
(500F because most the lead-free solder won't melt at a lower temp it seems)

Well I have had a 12v fan mod and the X-Clamp mod on it since the day we got it. It is a Falcon chip so needed that quick. The only thing actually wrong with it is the ANA chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom