Worst tech of 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Apokalipse is not true

Tomshardware were using DDR2-1066 and yet it performed worse than C2Q in gaming
Phenom 9700, AMD's 1st Quad-Core CPU | Tom's Hardware

There is also another article from Tomshardware, I posted it in other thread showing that Phenom scales worse than Athlon64 with higher freq

Phenom scales well with more cores, but not with higher freq

*wishs theend, would friggen end now*

Honestly I can understand why crysis is on there, I have been hearing about that game since I joined these forums it seems like. And that was a LONG time ago, before Halo 2 was even released. And vista, doesn't deserve to be on there, every new OS will need far more requirements than the previous, remember 3.1 to 95 then to 98 then to 2000 then to xp, now we are at Vista.... Each OS needed far more resources than the previous. Another thing, he is *****ing about BOTH media types, and HD-DVD players are FAR cheaper than blu-ray, and who honestly has the money to put into the equipment and such for someone to enjoy all the benefits of HD-DVD, yet alone, Blu-Ray.... He seems to be hinting at the hybrid drives, kinda like when DVD+RW and DVD-RW came out, two totaly different formats, both ended up being on the same drive and got along.

in a motherboard that didn't support it.

dude, no disrespect, but I'd totally take you more seriously if you actually provided some links to various benchmarks that support your intial claim. I just highly doubt it.

Every benchmark I've seen has the Q6600 pulling ahead over any of Phenom's offerings. This whole thing with "oh, they're not using the right type of RAM, or the right type of mobo" sounds like BS to me. I mean, I can spend $80 on a P35 mobo and $50 RAM that will do just fine with my Q6600. How much do you actually have to spend on "appropriate" mobo and RAM to negate Phenom's lack of performance? Do you really think that changing the RAM or mobo will have such a huge impact?

And people have been arguing how the Q6600 is more expensive... UNTRUE! Look in the right places (and there are many) and you'll probably even get one cheaper than a 9600... I've only seen the 9500 for $30-$40 cheaper... oh wow... that's quite a deal! I guess I'll sacrifice that much computing power so I can save $30... sounds just about right.

I am not bothered about who wins the core wars I will buy who i feel happier with and who i have had a good experience with in the past. Currently i own AMD an Intel an I am happy with both they do the job, but I prefare AMD as i feel you get more bang for your buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom