Whats your internet connection?

How much for 1 stick of pc2100 256 mb ddr ram?

• >60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45-60

• 30-45

• <30

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Satellite. Way overpriced, impossible to game on, download limits, and bad in cloudy weather. Absolutely horrible technology. Soon as DSL/Cable becomes available in really rural areas such as where I live, I'll laugh as satellite internet companies such as DirecWay go bankrupt. I HATE satellite.

Also, wireless cable sounds like such a contradiction! :p

Wow

Down here in SA the max speed we have is 1mb and that costs an arm and leg, the normal here is 512Kbps and then downloads at about 120KBps

How much do you all pay?

I currently pay $60.00 AUD for 1500/256 with 16gb DL per month but my new 24/1.5 will cost the same with 32gb DL per month.

waynejkruse10 said:
I currently pay $60.00 AUD for 1500/256 with 16gb DL per month but my new 24/1.5 will cost the same with 32gb DL per month.

You are so lucky. Down here in south Africa we have this telephone company thats ripping our limps abart here called Telkom (ever heard of them) well they are the only Telephone company and can raise the prices as High as they want.

For example you pay $60 for your good connetion, and I have worked it out via our different curruncies (we use Rand and 4.45 rands equals $1 for you) and now Im gonna give you the price in $ for you for what we pay.

For a 512\120 5GB we pay R600 which is about = $135 for you, which is a normal price here. For me your $60 connetion is about R250 for us which is nothing plus you are really owning it with the High Caps and Lines.

Are we being ripped off or what!

You are so lucky. Down here in south Africa we have this telephone company thats ripping our limps abart here called Telkom (ever heard of them) well they are the only Telephone company and can raise the prices as High as they want.

It would be like that here if only telstra existed. And some telstra plans are similar to your plans but only if you go over your monthly download quota. Then its like $180 AUD per GB.

Telstra, the government phone used to be called Telecom. They have made the whole ADSL system into the stupidest totalitarian regeme. Its very stupid what a lot of ISP's around Australia and the world are crapping out on their customers.

So there is no alternative ISP in South Africa? Telstra might just get their act together because so many people who have originally signed up with Telstra with a contract are going with other ISP's after its finished. Now that independant ISP's are putting in their on hardware its really opening up the ADSL system because other ISP's dont need to conform to Telstra's artificial bandwidth caps and their high wholesale prices.

Griffin said:
Wow

Down here in SA the max speed we have is 1mb and that costs an arm and leg, the normal here is 512Kbps and then downloads at about 120KBps

How much do you all pay?

Telus Dial-up Internet - $12.95/month
Shaw Lite-Speed - $24.95/month (5X faster than dial-up)
Shaw High-Speed - $38.95/month (what im using now)
Shaw Xtreme-Speed - $48.95 (faster download/upload)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom