what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashar

Banned
i'm a freshman in high school right now. my passion has always been with computers. i'm an all around kinduv guy when it comes to computers but i feel as if my strong point is with hardware. i'm also good at helping people with their computer issues. what carreer do i take in the field of computers? also, what colleges are well known for computers in the southeast? i'm thinking about going to NC State. they seem to have a good computer engineering major.

well, you sound like a computer engineer (hardware or software).
Helping people would place you in the area of a 'technician'.

I'm sure you know the bounds over-lap between HD and SW. So in my opinion, you would be book-smart in one area and street-smart in the other.

That way, your GREAT at both.

I find that the most helpful people in a company or people helpful to other are ones that specialize in a few areas, yet have good knowledge of many other areas.

Also, I have posted other post in this forum to another similar questions/topics

Good Luck

Or do tech support - sometimes it is crappy when you got people yelling at you because thier computer came unplugged - but you get great stories and a lot of humore. When i worked for an ISP, we(employees) would go play pool and just tell stories, it was a lot of fun.

Or do tech support - sometimes it is crappy when you got people yelling at you because thier computer came unplugged - but you get great stories and a lot of humore. When i worked for an ISP, we(employees) would go play pool and just tell stories, it was a lot of fun.
yea see thats what i don't want to do. i want to help people out in that sort of way but i want to be person to person. i would love to be a technician but i want to be a one on one thing. not over the phone. or run a computer store but will that be a good profiting job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom