What is your ISP speed?

It's supposed to be faster. I also have latency issues in many games since upgrading. I have someone coming to my house Friday to fix the problem.
FiOS is amazing! No usage caps, more reliable speeds, no slowdowns during peak times, newer and better fiber optic network, higher speeds on average for lower prices.
My current speed is enough for me... but one thing that I can not stand!

Usage caps....

I can't wait for FiOS.

Verizon must have some amazing pipes because I ran the "cross country" test of ~1900 mi and still got about 90-95% of the rated speeds, both upload and download. I'll have to re-run the test tonight and post it up.

This is my 3 mbps service from USI who run Minneapolis' city-wide wifi. There were some issues with some of their hardware when I first signed up a week ago but everything has been running smoothly the last few days. I think it's $30 a month for this but it drops in price if I sign up for a contract or prepay which I'll probably do if everything works out well over the next couple of months. Their 6mb speed is like another $10 a month so I might step up to that as well.

On Wednesday I got my broadband upgraded to 50Mb/s and I am happy with it apart from the fact that no where I visit will allow me to download at 50Mb/s.

Here is my speed test from the tinternet, what speeds are you getting in your part of the world, (although it says Telewest it is actually Virgin Media, Telewest where the original cable company). I should also point out that I done a speed test on two other sites and got 1 which said that I was downloading at just over 50Mb/s and another one which said that I was getting just over 49Mb/s but I couldnt get a link of them sites so I aint posted them here.

PS Are there any Japanese or Koreans on this forum because I believe that they get 150Mb/s, Virgin are supposed to be bringing out 100Mb/s next year and they have confirmed that they are piloting 200Mb/s which when brought out would make it the fastest broadband in the world if no one else brought anything faster out.

EDIT:

That has to be so nice with speeds in the megabytes! I usually download around 650 kilobytes/s.

Edit: I'm confused now, Mb is megabytes, mb is megabits right? Why does mine say it has a dl speed of 5.16Mb if I download at around 650Kb/s?

Back
Top Bottom