The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I have those I thought there was one for bulding 3 houses I also have the one for buidling a 3rd wing on a house. I need to get married still though and do the Dark Brotherhood quests I dont think I will get the thieves giuld trophy for raiseing it back to its old status that seems like a ton of boring quests to do 5 fetch quests in each hold plus the big quests dont sound fun

Thieves Guild is great, and there really aren't that many fetch quests. The Companions storyline had more fetch quests if I remember correctly. Besides, you get some of the sweetest looking weapons and armor from the Thieves guild.

Think Assassin's Creed meets Ninja Gaiden.

Thieves Guild is great, and there really aren't that many fetch quests. The Companions storyline had more fetch quests if I remember correctly. Besides, you get some of the sweetest looking weapons and armor from the Thieves guild.

Think Assassin's Creed meets Ninja Gaiden.

I did the mail theives guild quests im talking about the trophy for restoring greatness to the theives guild you have to do 5 jobs in every hold from the people in the guild that give them out then after you x annount of those it opens up like 5 other quests that when done you get that trophy. Its not the trophy from the reg theives guild quest and doing the twilight selpecur thing

I did the mail theives guild quests im talking about the trophy for restoring greatness to the theives guild you have to do 5 jobs in every hold from the people in the guild that give them out then after you x annount of those it opens up like 5 other quests that when done you get that trophy. Its not the trophy from the reg theives guild quest and doing the twilight selpecur thing

It is not that bad Slay. Really, it isn't.

EDIT: If I remember correctly there was some trick to make the quest go by faster. I can't quite remember though.

Last edited:
805 replies but no posts in almost 9 months... Post here, or the "I don't like SKYRIM" topic which was recently necro'd from a 4-month hiatus... Hopefully it's not too much of a faux pas to revive this one.

For the Thieves Guild quests, I was playing on Xbox so the loading times were atrocious as ever... I simply refused any Riften jobs or jobs in Holds I'd completed. The lines they speak indicate negative consequences, but you never face any for refusing dozens of jobs. On the PC, there is a mod that lets you choose the place. So what you do is, ask Delvin for a bedlam job (steal 500 anywhere in the Hold) and Vex for a sweep job (steal three gold trinkets, worth 250 each, from a particular home in the Hold). Both from the same Hold. Untick Delvin's quest and just follow Vex's. When you steal the second trinket, Delvin's gets done. Five quests times four holds is 20 quests. Even forcing the game to double up all of them means 10, which is still considerable, and don't forget the four special quests. Windhelm's is a walk in the park. You kill less than a dozen guys, one or two at a time. Solitude is easiest, if you know where the chest is. Whiterun is easiest if you're decent at sneaking or you have an invisibility potion. Only Markarth's is really a challenge, that long dungeon you have to go through. So you bring a follower you don't mind losing, or one that can't be killed. Isn't Mjoll essential?

I still play this occasionally ( a hour or 2 per week or so) - via new mods quests, dungeons, etc. finished my second play thru of the main quests a month ago. the mods make this game replayable over and over again - one very good thing about playing on a PC is the mods. Currently involved in Witcher 2 ( jsut started Chapter 2 )- getting ready for Witcher 3 - this is a hard game compared to Skyrim ( and I am playing on normal mode) - at least the boss fights are.

I wish STEP would make a full installer so I could install all the highest quality mods all at once. Otherwise I probably won't play Skyrim again since I have to redo my mods.

STEP? I think there's a way to back up your mods. I use Nexus Mod Manager for mine. But in any case, if you go so long without playing, all the mods will need updates anyway. The ones that are updated, that is.

But really, the only really big mods are quest mods (which IMO aren't good enough for more than one run—Falskaar was solid, good for one; Helgen Reborn was good for two, but that was pushing it) and follower mods with a lot of dialog (but again, do a full run with one companion = never use them again, for me at least, just because there are so many. I've seen Willow or whatever her name is in Skyrim in the buff, done all her quests... she has a pretty voice but what else is there? I wanna get the Khajiit guy in the Riften jail next, but I don't recall his name). And city/town additions, texture packs and the like. As with the others, I say cycle 'em out. Sexy _____ (SFW stuff) mods were nice for a while, but a little too polished.

Honestly I just like a few fixes. Time of day, unread books glow, and a few others that just make things a little smoother. Oh and SkyUI, can't live without that on PC. I've been playing a little on Xbox and man, the original UI stunk. Shame SkyUI was never able to do crafting stuff, otherwise I would have forgotten all about it.

As for Witcher 2 I can't get into that mess. Got as far as the first boss, the guy with the tentacles. I took the potion first. But you gotta be quick with the dodges, or he'll get you in about 2 hits. Fights like that, for me, either they work or they don't. Nintendo can do no wrong with them in the Zelda games, some Metroid bosses... and Konami in most Castlevania boss fights. Because they're not too hard, and once you know what you gotta do, the game doesn't punish you for doing the thing a half a second too late. It's like the game realizes you get it and it's more forgiving, and you do the thing and you just feel more powerful. And that's the difference, to me, between a mediocre game and a great game. They both teach you to do a thing a certain way, but one punishes you even after you got it right, and the other makes you feel like a hero. Granted, Geralt was never meant to be a real hero, he's more of a, I guess, mediator? Sort of like a cleric? But he's also a badass, though playing him doesn't make me feel like one.

Still, Witcher 2 has one of the best intros to a game, ever. I love that sequence, on the boat, with the freeze spell... and everyone I've shown loves it, too.

Back
Top Bottom