Potentially the longest thread in history...

Funny for the day. Just had a guy try telling me 295 quad SLI is like having a 680. Wow. I told him a single 295 is like that of a 480. He tries debunking my claim with another site, which proves what I said. Teh lel.

So my trip to London was pretty great. Really cool city. Only downside was there are so, so many people. There are streets 30meters wide, and yet still they are rammed should to shoulder with people. Apart from that it was epic.

I saw two Aston Martin DB9s, a Ferrari 360, two Ferrari FF's, two Lambo Gallardos, an Audi R8, about 100 Merc S classes, three Bentley Contintentals, an a RR Phantom. The amount of S Class mercedes was absolutely insane. It's easily the most common car in the wealthy parts of London. I'd say Mercedes S Class's outnumbered brands like Ford 5:1.

Looking around Harrods was an experience. The technology floor is just incredible.

85 Inch 4K Samsung TV, check
LG OLED Curved TV, check
Ferrari branded Hasselblad medium format camera costing £28,000, check
Gold plated Xbox One, check
Swarovski coated iPads, check
B&O demo room, check
Bowers & Wilkins speakers, check
Apple store, check
Alienware store, check
Leica store, check
Swarovski store, check

And then on the other floors there was the usual £70k sofas, £50k Holland & Holland shotguns, live performing opera singers alongside the escalators etc

BlGaBm_IAAAU8hU.jpg

Other than Harrods we took a stroll around Hyde Park which is nice. M&M World (awesome), Covent Garden Apple Store - which is positively huge and ridiculously well designed, **** knows what the cost of that thing was/is.

Then we went to Chinatown. 50+ Chinese restaurants to choose from. Yum. We found one with an all you can eat buffet for £10 which is pretty cheap. Very tasty food too. But they didn't have any knife and forks so I had to learn how to use chopsticks, got the hang of it pretty quick which was good as I was starving.

So overall, yeah, cool place. So many nice places, bars and restaurants I can imagine it's a great place to live if you are earning £100k+ a year.

Also on the way there we drove to cockfosters tube station and then got to tube into the center of London. I learned I would like to live on that road. The average house on that road is like this. I figure the fact that it is outside of the mahem of London center and yet you can walk 1 minute to the tube station which will get you into the center of London in about 25 minutes is why it's such a prime location, and therefor nice and expensive.

renaissance-2.jpg

Nothing will ever convince me to like that city, but I will say it has quite a few cool bit's. Harrods is one of them the store is well layed out, staff really give a **** about you and your experience last time I was there a few years back I just walked out standing by the door with a really heavy cold used my last tissue from my pack the door man saw this and gave me one of the clenenx mini packs ****ing awsome level of customer service.
One thing that makes my mind boggle about that place is they still have cages ect in the basement that untill I think 1989 you could go in and chose a new pet, but this pet was not a cat or dog, it was ****ing Lion, Gorilla or Giraffe I think they now use them for bulky high value item storage.

Re: Today I have...

Decided to implant charging port
XawxiDe.jpg

Today I also started looking into evolutionary programming, so weird. Fitness landscapes, bimodal axises (axi?), phylogeny, this is different :p

Dude you have a micro usb slot, can I flash you? with awsome cool firmware 2.2?

Because I hate monitors bigger than 24", so far the smallest 4k is 28", but I want a more immersive feel. Although the games won't be rift enabled I'm sure there will still be a way to make it act like a strap on monitor without all the extra features. Considering how much the DKs are I'm going to assume the consumer device won't be more than 400 itself which is less than half the price of a 4k monitor. If it works the way I'm hoping then I don't see a reason to upgrade from the 1080p monitors I have. If it doesn't I can always sell it to somebody else.

Edit : beaten to it

Dell has had a 24" 4k monitor on the market for several months now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yay, got the functionality of my stats-retriever web-app done for my OBD2 log data from my OBDLink LX in my car. Started out just re-writing a PHP-based one I found because I was bored and wanted some more functionality (and I hate PHP lol), mostly a way to visualize the data I logged. Just need to see if I can make a nice map page that shows my route (not sure if I want to do this or not).

Have it logging a bunch of different sensors at a log rate of 5 sec (may drop it down to 3s for in-town, and then bump it back up to 5s for highway travel). Got the web-app interface functionality done so I can choose a vehicle profile, a date range, select which sensor data I want to see, and then generate a chart.

One's I'm most interested in are MPG average, and MPG instant. Planning on tweaking how the functionality works so I can plot multiple items on a single chart, or on separate charts. That way I can compare average vs instant vs RPM's. Also planning on changing it from a normal line to maybe a Spline to see if I can get a nicer curve out of it (or maybe just an option to choose which one, so I can see "trends" vs precise datapoints.

Will put it up on Github later once I get more things tweaked how I want them, and post the link here if anybody wants it / is interested in it.

Edit : beaten to it

Dell has had a 24" 4k monitor on the market for several months now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Yea I saw it myself the other night looking on the Dell site for a friend. IMO they want too much money. I'm awaiting Samsung to release their own 24" for half the price and then I'll consider it.

Back
Top Bottom