Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Well OK, every time I have worked there I have felt seriously ripped off and not in the Tourist areas I mean £1.50 for a coke? £3 for a small bag of chips? and let alone the cost of a Alcoholic drink in a chain pub £4 for a pint of fosters? Seriously it's £2 in Liverpool and depending where you are (non of the clubs in the Albert Dock and even then £2.50 max) it's only going to vary by 0.25p More an less.

And when it comes to long term living expensive yea it is the most expensive, you can find deals but a decent non chain room is on average for 4 nights around the £450 mark, as I said you can find deal but when you need a room on short notice forget about it.
Also let's consider the english staple a bag of chips, as in you just walk into a chippy any chippy an ask for a bag of chips, in the London area they are smaller and cost way more at least in my experience, a normal bag of chips made from a standard 10CM scoop in England is 3.5 scoops maybe 4 depending on the place but in london that's a LARGE bag seriously while your down there count the scoops. And what's weird London is in the middle of the uK's potato belt so it's not like they are running short of spuds.

Well you live up north, so I guess the price difference is more extreme. It's £3.50 for a pint where I live so £4 is not really much of an increase.

Bear in mind if you live there you get London wages, which is higher than the rest of the country to cover such costs.

I don't think you can categorically state you get less chips from a chip shop in London. There are probably hundreds of chip shops, with a large scale between them on portion sizes. Plus getting less chips in your cone of chips is *not* a good reason to dislike a city.

Copenhagen, Zurich, Oslo, Paris, Geneva are all now officially more expensive to live in than London, as of 2014. So I guess you don't like them either. Which is a shame. Copenhagen in particular looks like a really great city.

Oh sugar you're coming to london? ugh i don't get why you're visting my city i don't even like you? omggggg which town are you visiting?
haha jk
peace

so umm yeahh_-_ which town are you visiting? ;p

My sister lives in Fulham and works at the MOD. So around that area.

Last edited:

I love how I'm being ignored-_-

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... I <3'd techforums
i thought it's my favourite forum
but now what
everyone ignores me
i feel betrayed
deceived...neglected..every word that describes it

guys plz reply to me
i feel bored

thank you
peace

I love how I'm being ignored-_-

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... I <3'd techforums
i thought it's my favourite forum
but now what
everyone ignores me
i feel betrayed
deceived...neglected..every word that describes it

guys plz reply to me
i feel bored

thank you
peace

I did reply. Look again. People are ignoring you because you are typing like an 8 year old.

Well you live up north, so I guess the price difference is more extreme. It's £3.50 for a pint where I live so £4 is not really much of an increase.

Bear in mind if you live there you get London wages, which is higher than the rest of the country to cover such costs.

I don't think you can categorically state you get less chips from a chip shop in London. There are probably hundreds of chip shops, with a large scale between them on portion sizes. Plus getting less chips in your cone of chips is *not* a good reason to dislike a city.

Copenhagen, Zurich, Oslo, Paris, Geneva are all now officially more expensive to live in than London, as of 2014. So I guess you don't like them either. Which is a shame. Copenhagen in particular looks like a really great city.

My sister lives in Fulham and works at the MOD. So around that area.

mod wait where here what is her name and um where's fulham

Erm well in the M25 area yea that could be considered cheep, but when I go and see my two relatives in Brighton a pint of fosters still costs roughly the same, infact the only thing I can recall costing more is ****ing can's of coke.

And the because your Northern argument holds no water, for example Fosters is brewed in the UK by a licencee in Manchester next door to a Asda and Two hosting companies right on the edge of the Manc uni tech park .

Also portion size is a measure of availability, the UK standard chip scoop (hell even McD's uses it) is 10CM while I said it's anecdotal, it is seriously noticeable hell look at poly trays what normal in the UK is well off for london and most of the south east as a whole, same goes for Bun size when we are talking food.

You know the big break bakeries list a london size guide of what is Small, Medium an Large and the sizes are WAY off compared to the rest of the UK.

So my trip to London was pretty great. Really cool city. Only downside was there are so, so many people. There are streets 30meters wide, and yet still they are rammed should to shoulder with people. Apart from that it was epic.

I saw two Aston Martin DB9s, a Ferrari 360, two Ferrari FF's, two Lambo Gallardos, an Audi R8, about 100 Merc S classes, three Bentley Contintentals, an a RR Phantom. The amount of S Class mercedes was absolutely insane. It's easily the most common car in the wealthy parts of London. I'd say Mercedes S Class's outnumbered brands like Ford 5:1.

Looking around Harrods was an experience. The technology floor is just incredible.

85 Inch 4K Samsung TV, check
LG OLED Curved TV, check
Ferrari branded Hasselblad medium format camera costing £28,000, check
Gold plated Xbox One, check
Swarovski coated iPads, check
B&O demo room, check
Bowers & Wilkins speakers, check
Apple store, check
Alienware store, check
Leica store, check
Swarovski store, check

And then on the other floors there was the usual £70k sofas, £50k Holland & Holland shotguns, live performing opera singers alongside the escalators etc

BlGaBm_IAAAU8hU.jpg

Other than Harrods we took a stroll around Hyde Park which is nice. M&M World (awesome), Covent Garden Apple Store - which is positively huge and ridiculously well designed, **** knows what the cost of that thing was/is.

Then we went to Chinatown. 50+ Chinese restaurants to choose from. Yum. We found one with an all you can eat buffet for £10 which is pretty cheap. Very tasty food too. But they didn't have any knife and forks so I had to learn how to use chopsticks, got the hang of it pretty quick which was good as I was starving.

So overall, yeah, cool place. So many nice places, bars and restaurants I can imagine it's a great place to live if you are earning £100k+ a year.

Also on the way there we drove to cockfosters tube station and then got to tube into the center of London. I learned I would like to live on that road. The average house on that road is like this. I figure the fact that it is outside of the mahem of London center and yet you can walk 1 minute to the tube station which will get you into the center of London in about 25 minutes is why it's such a prime location, and therefor nice and expensive.

renaissance-2.jpg

Last edited:

Today I finished Breaking Bad. Seriously not worth all the hype IMO.

Fair enough. Everyone's tastes are always going to differ on TV series. Everyone has there little things that make shows good or bad. For example it can be a great show with the best actors but if the subject isn't something you're particularly interested in, it's not going to be that compelling for you. For example this fairly new program called Believe is out, about some young girl who can mind read and has telekinetic powers, on the run from police. I find those kind of super-natural powers really awesome, especially when they are in a normal world full of normal people, so to me this show is pretty awesome, yet it's IMDB score is just 7.8/10, which is just 'good'.

I really enjoyed BB because I loved the main characters, loved the dialogue in the program, and really enjoyed the aspect about them making and selling meth and being drug lords, that's pretty cool to me.

GoT I don't love for the story. I do think the story is fairly good, though it gets a bit confusing. The main reason I love GoT is because of the mature theme with awesome violence, and hot woman :p plus like BB I find nearly all the characters good fun with good dialogue.

Back
Top Bottom