Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I love squall lines.. a sudden rush of intense rain and wind. Good fun.
Yup, me too. So much better living out in the sticks because you could literally watch a wall of water coming at you across a huge field. I think my favorite are the real low hanging wall clouds that look like they could touch the ground if they go any lower then the bumpy clouds behind it with rotation. I love seeing those because then you just know somebody is about to get their ass kicked.

Yup, me too. So much better living out in the sticks because you could literally watch a wall of water coming at you across a huge field. I think my favorite are the real low hanging wall clouds that look like they could touch the ground if they go any lower then the bumpy clouds behind it with rotation. I love seeing those because then you just know somebody is about to get their ass kicked.

It is probably more interesting for you, the size of North America allows bigger storms and different types of weather to develop overland. All our weather is from the sea, and weakens rapidly overland - yet the landmass is also to small to really develop it's own big systems. And me being in the center of the country means I don't really see anything interesting. Storms are always weakest here, wind gusts havn't gone over 50mph for years here, let alone sustained wind speeds. Hail tends to be no bigger than 6mm BB pellets, local storms that have managed to develop inland due to hot temperatures or whatever are very small, just 2 to 10 miles across most of the time. Rain gets here no problem.. snow is another story.. about the most snow deprived part of the country. Never seen more than 4inches on the ground in about 10 years. Kinda sucks. 50 miles in every direction from here has seen 18 inches within the past 5 years.

So yeah, as someone interested in weather I am pretty unlucky with where I live :p

Today I used Sirius for the first time. It's been in every one of my cars for the past 3, it's in my wife's car, and my son has an external unit in his car. I've shelled out hundreds of dollars to them over the past few years, and never use it. Got stuck in traffic today nad my phone died, so I didn't have my Google Music playlist anymore. As it turns out, I LOVE the 'Octane' station. Anyone else use Sirius/XM?

Today I have...

Sold my MacBook, going to buy a new one after WWDC 2012, here's to hoping at least a few of the rumors were true :tongue:

AND AND AND

Got hired by Apple ;) I don't know if I'm going to take it though.

It is probably more interesting for you, the size of North America allows bigger storms and different types of weather to develop overland. All our weather is from the sea, and weakens rapidly overland - yet the landmass is also to small to really develop it's own big systems. And me being in the center of the country means I don't really see anything interesting. Storms are always weakest here, wind gusts havn't gone over 50mph for years here, let alone sustained wind speeds. Hail tends to be no bigger than 6mm BB pellets, local storms that have managed to develop inland due to hot temperatures or whatever are very small, just 2 to 10 miles across most of the time. Rain gets here no problem.. snow is another story.. about the most snow deprived part of the country. Never seen more than 4inches on the ground in about 10 years. Kinda sucks. 50 miles in every direction from here has seen 18 inches within the past 5 years.

So yeah, as someone interested in weather I am pretty unlucky with where I live :p
Yea that has to suck lol. Lucky for me I live on the southern end of tornado valley. We see huge storms all the time but none are really really severe. The ones that are wind up dropping them pretty twisty things. Funny thing is, we want to move up north.

Today I used Sirius for the first time. It's been in every one of my cars for the past 3, it's in my wife's car, and my son has an external unit in his car. I've shelled out hundreds of dollars to them over the past few years, and never use it. Got stuck in traffic today nad my phone died, so I didn't have my Google Music playlist anymore. As it turns out, I LOVE the 'Octane' station. Anyone else use Sirius/XM?
Nope. I use my phone all the time.

Today I have...

Sold my MacBook, going to buy a new one after WWDC 2012, here's to hoping at least a few of the rumors were true :tongue:

AND AND AND

Got hired by Apple ;) I don't know if I'm going to take it though.

Job title ?

I would expect some new stuff at WWDC, but there is rumored to be a lot happening.. from iOS6, to the OS for the new Apple Television, New iMac/MacBook models.. various other smaller things. It's unlikely to all be true. But i'd like to see a new iMac model and iOS6 for the most part.

Job title ?

I would expect some new stuff at WWDC, but there is rumored to be a lot happening.. from iOS6, to the OS for the new Apple Television, New iMac/MacBook models.. various other smaller things. It's unlikely to all be true. But i'd like to see a new iMac model and iOS6 for the most part.

Genius team leader, they're opening a new store here where I live.. The pay is the same as my current position which is why I might not take it... I like my current job :tongue:

I'd like to see either a new MBA or MBP.. If they aren't refreshed I'm going to be a little meh :tongue:

I'm pretty annoyed at the moment I paid $12 for Saturday delivery by 1pm, yet my tracking status has not budged since 9pm last night when the item was picked up. It's inexcusable, the warehouse it is picked up from is a 52mile journey from my house according to GMaps. What the **** are they doing ? The weather is good, it's not near the busy holiday season, and I ordered 3 hours before the cut off period.

Back
Top Bottom