Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

If I land this job at T-mobile I will probably be moving to their network. I would get a big discount on service and a discount on my phone. My interview is in a little over two hours...

Just got in from a Physics exam. Started pouring down with rain on my way home for the first time in a little while, bit of thunder aswell. Might be a sign that the good weather we have been having over here is ending. At least i will be able to get to sleep now.

Good luck Trotter!

Today I saw this on the Battle.net forums
Three performance-related issues in Diablo III seem to be centered around using the Vsync setting in the in-game video options, disk asset loading stutters, and a possible overheating issue.

Vsync: Vsync stuttering is normally caused by a machine being unable to maintain 60fps, falling behind and then alternating between 30fps and 60fps. When this is the cause, the player may want to limit the frame rate to 30fps, or reduce system and graphical settings. Ongoing optimizations by the developers will also help on this front.

Disk loading stutters: We're working on the disk asset loading stutters as well. In an upcoming patch, some of the prefetching in the game is being changed which should help with the stuttering.

Overheating: There are some people having what appear to be video driver resets leading to long pauses as Diablo III reloads assets and then resumes playing. We're working to reproduce the issue internally. For now, we believe it could be due to the video card (GPU) overheating. Many users have addressed this on their own by limiting the frame rate and underclocking their GPUs.

The developers are making incremental improvements to address these issues. These will be rolled out across future patches.

I wonder, why do people have to go so far to UNDERCLOCK their hardware, and limit how the game works? This is becoming common issue with Blizzard games, happened in SC2, now D3... If a user knows how to underclock and limit the hardware, then I would assume they know how to clean dust out of a heatsink. Why wasn't the disk stuttering observed in Beta? Or was it, except Blizzard limited the beta testing group, and they couldn't figure it out till a non-beta tester started to get ideas? Makes me sad such a company has turned into exactly what I didn't want, another Activision.

It's almost funny that it took them so many years to put out a game that's very ordinary from a technical standpoint yet it's still has tons of issues.

Well, switched to Chrome because it finally gives me a serious performance advantage over Firefox/Waterfox. Like seriously, the speed in which webpages is even faster now, Youtube videos load faster, it's ridiculous. Funny thing though, now Facebook wont load haha.

I loved Blizzard games, for a long time, they always actually helped the consumer and released a WORKING product, but now... :(

I just wonder what will happen when sales figures are finally released, a lot are asking for refunds because they just flat out can't play the game.

It's almost funny that it took them so many years to put out a game that's very ordinary from a technical standpoint yet it's still has tons of issues.

My thoughts exactly. They had 13 years to make the game you'd think it would at least work.

Well, switched to Chrome because it finally gives me a serious performance advantage over Firefox/Waterfox. Like seriously, the speed in which webpages is even faster now, Youtube videos load faster, it's ridiculous. Funny thing though, now Facebook wont load haha.

When you told me about Waterfox a few months ago, I noticed it seemed slower than Chrome. I thought it was just me; thanks for confirming my sanity. It seems like no matter what, I just keep going back to Chrome.

Back
Top Bottom