Potentially the longest thread in history...

+1 for the local sheriff department.

Trying to run from a deputy when he has you covered by a tazer = dumb.

Running toward a busy instate while doing so = brain dead dumb.

Re: Today I have...

Today: Couldn't sleep again... last looked at the clock around 3:30. Woke up at 6 with a raging stomach ache. Spent a half hour in a borderline "I hate my life" feeling as a result. Now, I'm at work. I can easily tell it's nerves... it's been a while (college days) since I spun off 4-5 hours of sleep across two nights like this.

Fortunately, should get an answer later today in the late afternoon/early evening.
Coming from an on and off insomniac, I feel your pain. Today I'm heading to work late because I couldn't wake up early enough.

Tazering someone who's forward momentum will carry them onto a busy road (thereby leaving them incapacitated on said busy road) = super brain dead dumb.

It looks like he was going for his vehicle, but he jerked his hand out of his pocket so he's lucky he didn't sprout a big hole in his chest. The section of I-75 through here nets a lot of drug smugglers/transporters and most of them are armed. Law enforcement stay extra cautious because of this. We had some nutcase woman on drugs try to steal a deputy's car and run him over so he had to open fire.

All I can tell you all is that when the law tells you to do something or not do something, you obey. They are empowered to uphold the law and, unfortunately, that includes the use of force as the situation merits it.

@Luke, If the guy gets hit because of his own stupidity, well that's just natural selection right thar and I don't have an issue with it. If he got hit because a cop shot him full of sweet voltage, I do have le problem.

@Trotter, the cop already patted his pockets down, he knew he wasn't armed. However, you're right it looks like he was going for his car, in which case the cop had to shoot him I guess because he wouldn't have known if there was a gun in the car. Tough call, but yeah I agree now looks like he made the right choice.

Back
Top Bottom