Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Come right on, James. I'll take you to Cameron's for breakfast. We'll have to borrow a wheelbarrow to carry you out afterwards. That picture of a biscuit I have posted before is from there... they are bigger than the palm of my hand (about 6" or so). For six or seven bucks you can get their breakfast buffet with biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, grits, baked ham, sausage, bacon, chicken tenders, scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sweet rolls. They use dinner platters instead of regular plates on the bar for a reason. ;)

I'm back from my ribs. I order a whole rack, but brought just under half of them home for later. The BBQ place uses a dry rub instead making wet ribs. I prefer wet ribs, actually, but haven't found any place around here that still does them.

We went to Perkits afterward for a yogurt.

Those sound good, but these sound much, much better...

Texas Pork Spareribs

INGREDIENTS:
4 racks pork spareribs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup salt
2 1/2 tablespoons black pepper
3 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cups ketchup
3 cups hot water
4 tablespoons brown sugar
pinch cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup soaked wood chips

DIRECTIONS:
Trim away any excess fat from ribs. In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, salt, black pepper, paprika, the 1 teaspoon of the cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Rub spice mix all over the ribs. Place the ribs in two 10x15 inch roasting pans, piling two racks of ribs per pan. Cover, and refrigerate for 8 or more hours.

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Bake uncovered for 3-4 hours, or until the ribs are tender and just about falling apart fall apart.

For the barbeque sauce, remove 4-5 tablespoons of drippings from the roasting pans, and place in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in pan drippings until lightly browned. Stir in ketchup, and heat for 3 to 4 more minutes, stirring constantly. Next, mix in water and brown sugar, and season to taste with cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, adding water if it gets too thick.

Preheat grill for low heat. When grill is ready, add the soaked wood chips to the coals or to the smoker box of a gas grill. Spray grill's grate with a coat of cooking spray. Place ribs on the grill but do not overcrowd. Cook for 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste ribs with sauce during the last 10 minutes of grilling only.

Come right on, James. I'll take you to Cameron's for breakfast. We'll have to borrow a wheelbarrow to carry you out afterwards. That picture of a biscuit I have posted before is from there... they are bigger than the palm of my hand (about 6" or so). For six or seven bucks you can get their breakfast buffet with biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, grits, baked ham, sausage, bacon, chicken tenders, scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sweet rolls. They use dinner platters instead of regular plates on the bar for a reason. ;)

Do you live in TN? If so, you're going to have to show me this place sometime this summer. :p

Back
Top Bottom