NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Final Specs & Pricing Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving all the ati fan boys in this thread. I can't wait to troll the thread next time ATI comes out with something and everyone is touching their self to it knowing that it's not even that good.

No one has given proof why this card is that bad. The wattage and heat issues are all to blame on the stock cooler so if you want to cry about it get an after market, bam there goes the wattage use and heat.

Just accept that this card is THE BEST single card out right now. There is no arguing the fact. You can cry that ATI is better blah blah..but in the end it's 10% of a performance gain. Cards aren't magically going to start running cooler or using less watts. And like people have said, at load it's 10C away from it's thermal max. So obviously it's not going to be harmful that's it's that hot. Sure it'll heat up the case more but not much more than a 5970 and no one is complaining about those.

Just accept that this card is THE BEST single card out right now. There is no arguing the fact. You can cry that ATI is better blah blah..but in the end it's 10% of a performance gain. Cards aren't magically going to start running cooler or using less watts. And like people have said, at load it's 10C away from it's thermal max. So obviously it's not going to be harmful that's it's that hot. Sure it'll heat up the case more but not much more than a 5970 and no one is complaining about those.

Well I'll be the first one to say it then. Congrats nVidia, you pulled out everything you could and produced the single best card on the market. Now I say... who cares? How does this help gaming or the graphics card market? How is this helping the mainstream gaming consumer who buys midrange or mid-upper range?

But to my real point, just because its not at its thermal max does not mean its not harmful. Higher temps = lower lifespan of a chip, its just as basic as that. I don't want to spend $500 on a video card that I have to worry about.

Well I'll be the first one to say it then. Congrats nVidia, you pulled out everything you could and produced the single best card on the market. Now I say... who cares? How does this help gaming or the graphics card market? How is this helping the mainstream gaming consumer who buys midrange or mid-upper range?

if you want to go with that then why not go with a gt260/4850 like I said earlier? They can max any game out at this point...so by going by your rules nothing since them has helped the market.

I'm loving all the ati fan boys in this thread. I can't wait to troll the thread next time ATI comes out with something and everyone is touching their self to it knowing that it's not even that good.

No one has given proof why this card is that bad. The wattage and heat issues are all to blame on the stock cooler so if you want to cry about it get an after market, bam there goes the wattage use and heat.

It isn't the best single card out.....It's the best single gpu card out. And the cooler has nothing to do with power usage, and it has already been said that the cooler is a very robust one. Why can't you admit it's a hot card?

Also, I hope you get an infraction for saying fanboy, cause i know I have, and letting you get away with that would be a double standard.

XFX Won't Launch Fermi GTX 400 Cards - Likely as punishment for selling AMD cards - Softpedia

NVIDIA finally launched its GeForce GTX 400 Series of graphics adapters and, in the short while between then and now, most of its manufacturing partners have come out with their respective models as well. However, what end-users may have noticed is the absence of a product launch from one of NVIDIA's most successful partners, namely XFX. Wondering why this graphics card maker had not launched any Fermi products, Fudzilla did some digging and apparently discovered that the brand won't have any GF100 at launch.

Back in the first half of January, some rumors started to circulate, indicating that NVIDIA might be planning on terminating its partnership with XFX. A subsequent report supposedly denied this, but it seems that NVIDIA is cutting its veteran partner off from the GeForce GTX 470 and GTX 480. Naturally, the sources of the report see this as NVIDIA's so-called punishment for XFX's decision, last year, to also start selling graphics adapters based on technology from Advanced Micro Devices.

According to the report, NVIDIA could see a stronger response, on the part of consumers, than it might think. XFX is a well established name on the graphics solution market and has a very loyal fan base unlikely to take this news standing down. In fact, depending on the level of discontent that NVIDIA's decision will instill, consumers might decide against buying Fermi cards from other manufacturers or even go for XFX ATI cards instead.

In the meantime, XFX will do only what it can, namely make do without DirectX 11 cards from the Santa Clara-based GPU maker. In fact, a recent leak has already done its part and revealed the existence of the superpowered HD 5970 4GB Eyefinity 6 Black Edition, which has no less than 4GB memory and will ship inside a box shaped like a sub-machine gun. The device will be a limited edition item and sell at a premium price of $1,000.

Just accept that this card is THE BEST single card out right now. There is no arguing the fact. You can cry that ATI is better blah blah..but in the end it's 10% of a performance gain. Cards aren't magically going to start running cooler or using less watts.

I'm not an ATI fanboy at all... :/

And tell me, how exactly does adding an aftermarket cooler reduce power consumption and heat output :umm: Not to mention the stock cooling is actually very good on the 480, I can't really see an aftermarket cooling solution beating it significantly until you go into watercooling.

Sure it'll heat up the case more but not much more than a 5970 and no one is complaining about those.

Actually one of the major factors people don't want a 5970 and would rather have 2 5850s or 2 5870s is due to how hot it runs......so yes people are complaining about those. Also are you really now attempting to compare the GTX 480 to the 5970? Because if you go down that road it's only going to end in tears.

Okay then if this card is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT that it's the end of the world

why is no one *****ing about the 5970 that's just 6 degrees cooler? that's why I call fanboy. If you won't complain over that card why complain over this one?

...to be fair you are the one that brought up the 5970...I personally don't like it as it runs too hot, but at least the performance is being delivered in terms of the power consumed.

And in any case the reason no one is complaining about the 5970 is because it completely destroys a GTX 480....not to mention it's a dual-gpu card that no one expects to run cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom