New Chain of Pain (Dark Souls 2 SPOILER Edition)

So, I think I am done with DS2 for awhile. The Pilgrim areas just plain suck. I have been trying to grind some more PvP, but wow the Brotherhood of Pain leveling is really tough. Turns out you do not level it by throwing down the red soapstone sign as I had thought. You have to go to the leader in the Undead Purgatory, join and then battle by praying at the statues that are in the room. The PvP in there is ridiculously hard. Every guy you fight basically has a gimmick build. Fights are over in seconds after they start. If you lose, you don't lose humanity or souls or anything, so there is that. If you win, you get a cracked red orb. That's it. No souls or anything. It takes 50 wins to get to rank one. 100 to rank 2 and 150 to max it out. Problem is that losses can reduce your total wins. Not exactly sure how that works though. Not really fun at all.

Major difference between dropping a red sign and arenas is you are in the PvE world versus a dedicated PvP arena. There you will find the crazy @$$ weapons and gear. The leveling requirements for that covenant is a bit ridiculous.

Last edited:
Major difference between dropping a red sign and arenas is you are in the PvE world versus a dedicated PvP arena. There you will find the crazy @$$ weapons and gear. The leveling requirements for that covenant is a bit ridiculous.

Most guys run around dual wielding the most insane shiz you can think up. I was power stancing the Grand Lance and casting dark weapon at the start. That setup worked pretty well. Still was winning maybe 25-30% of the time. It was fun for awhile, but you get crap for a reward for winning individual fights.

I finally beat Vendrick and started ng+. Some of those red phantoms are ridiculous.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I find the bosses are easy in NG+, getting to them on the other hand is the challenge. For some reason that red phantom onion knight messes me up

I started laughing when I saw that dude. Gf didn't understand why until I explained he was returning from DS. Or at least his armor was :)

Beat the skeleton horse. Now I'm up to the place with all the poison pools.

I haven't invaded anyone but need to so I can join one of the covenants. How do I invade

Also if I quit a covenant can I rejoin?

Beat the skeleton horse. Now I'm up to the place with all the poison pools.

I haven't invaded anyone but need to so I can join one of the covenants. How do I invade

Also if I quit a covenant can I rejoin?

Don't invade. I am not 100% on this, but I think you get one for beating a red phantom that you summon into your world. I had one in my inventory and I don't remember where it came from, I'm guessing it came from that or was looted somewhere.

Yes, you can quit and rejoin covenants at will.

Back
Top Bottom