New Chain of Pain (Dark Souls 2 SPOILER Edition)

I know I could loot them and buy more. I guess it is just the principle lol. Has anyone ever used that spell that lets you blend into the environment? I wonder if you could sneak through areas with that and the Ratbros ring. It would be neat to try it in the Dark Pilgrim area.

I think that spell and the consumables that do that are totally useless. I didnt know Ratbro ring did anythig

I know I could loot them and buy more. I guess it is just the principle lol. Has anyone ever used that spell that lets you blend into the environment? I wonder if you could sneak through areas with that and the Ratbros ring. It would be neat to try it in the Dark Pilgrim area.

Yeah, I've used it. Doesn't really help much against mobs - I tried it to get past the invisible shades in the forest and the only thing that helped there was running.

Someone tried to use it in PVP on me in the Undead Crypt. Only problem? I saw a vase moving across the floor. *slow clap*

***EDIT***

Also, if I understand correctly, the fog gate to the exit only clears when you've killed the enemies in the area.

Yeah, I've used it. Doesn't really help much against mobs - I tried it to get past the invisible shades in the forest and the only thing that helped there was running.

Someone tried to use it in PVP on me in the Undead Crypt. Only problem? I saw a vase moving across the floor. *slow clap*

***EDIT***

Also, if I understand correctly, the fog gate to the exit only clears when you've killed the enemies in the area.

yep thats correct you need to Kill everything and light the beacon thing or whatever its called. Make sure to bring torch lighter things

I think that spell and the consumables that do that are totally useless. I didnt know Ratbro ring did anythig

Ratbro ring makes your footsteps silent and enemy awareness of you drops a ton. Basically, if they aren't looking right at you, you get a free backstab.

***EDIT***

I figured as much. Not really sure what the use would be aside from PvP. Seems a little cheap 1 on 1 IMO. However, when I was doing the Spitebros I was invading a lot of times into a game with 3 guys. That gets pretty insane. I only won one of those outside of the Looking Glass Knight fight and that was because they were spread out and I strategically was able to use the Ruin Sentinels. It might be nice to sneak up on 3 guys and chaos storm them. Hahahaha! That would be awesome.

yep thats correct you need to Kill everything and light the beacon thing or whatever its called. Make sure to bring torch lighter things

Flame Butterflies.

Did I really just type that?

I really just typed that.

*sigh*

I would ask what I've done with my life, but the second my kid saw it, she'd say "You made it AWESOME."

I'll have to defer to her assessment because there are times I can't believe I'm as old as I am and I still seek out videogames in which I use jetpacks and absurd weapons to exterminate invading bugs.

With that, I'm off to find EDF 2025.

Did I just type that too?

******mit.

Flame Butterflies.

Did I really just type that?

I really just typed that.

*sigh*

I would ask what I've done with my life, but the second my kid saw it, she'd say "You made it AWESOME."

I'll have to defer to her assessment because there are times I can't believe I'm as old as I am and I still seek out videogames in which I use jetpacks and absurd weapons to exterminate invading bugs.

With that, I'm off to find EDF 2025.

Did I just type that too?

******mit.

Hahaha! There are some really weird names for things in the game. Elizabeth mushroom? Really?

I have always wanted to check out EDF. Sounds like a lot of fun.

So, I think I am done with DS2 for awhile. The Pilgrim areas just plain suck. I have been trying to grind some more PvP, but wow the Brotherhood of Pain leveling is really tough. Turns out you do not level it by throwing down the red soapstone sign as I had thought. You have to go to the leader in the Undead Purgatory, join and then battle by praying at the statues that are in the room. The PvP in there is ridiculously hard. Every guy you fight basically has a gimmick build. Fights are over in seconds after they start. If you lose, you don't lose humanity or souls or anything, so there is that. If you win, you get a cracked red orb. That's it. No souls or anything. It takes 50 wins to get to rank one. 100 to rank 2 and 150 to max it out. Problem is that losses can reduce your total wins. Not exactly sure how that works though. Not really fun at all.

Back
Top Bottom