Need some decent speakers for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.

I am not one of those dumb@ss's who think that boosting you bass however possible is the best way to get good music. Most people my age think iPod headphones, and bass boost are the best things since sliced bread.

not me. Although I don't claim to have golden ears, I do appreiate high quality audio. However, as an example my senhisers have a slightly rounded bass, now this isn't a bad thing (according to cysalis) they just should be used in a studio, right?

however my point is, if I am going to listen to music, do I NEED 100% flatness especially if I like my music slightly warm, as produced by senhiser?

or would I be better off with going with your moniters as they produce excelent sound anyway?

Yes sennhiesers are slightly warm, not much though. You don't need 100percent flatness, the source may be lacking in treble, for example, and then you're senns may overenhance them again. Resulting in a fairly neutral sound.
You wouldn't go wrong with monitors.

As long as you prefer a neutral and balanced sound monitors will be best for you.

I know them tiny little boxes are 'satellites'
On the grand scale of things they won't be good, no, you're right.
They will suck comepared to any monitors or floorstanders, like i said 'they will not sound as good as there stereo setups, however'
But, for his budget and in comparison to PC speakers there are far beond it.
Instead of simply saying 'are these good' ask you're self, are they good for what they are and compared to other products ina similar price range.

O...look, 9/10 > Acoustic Energy Aego M Speakers - TrustedReviews
'' For both value and sound quality the Aego M System is almost beyond reproach" What HiFi January 2006''
They won 2006 what hi-fi awards for best Pc speakers under £150

Comeon, i said 'That *I* know of' --- i DID NOT say they don't do active hi-fi speakers.

No offence, but you need to come out of you're perfect audio world sometimes and just say 'hey ! for £100 thats a cracking sound system' Ignore them $10,000 electrostatic systems, ignore all these speakers with a frequency responce from 2 to 100,000hz and are accurate as +1/-1 DB Tolerences, and just think as someone that hasn't herd anything like that before - will they sound good. Stop confusing accurate,true sound, with the sound that many,many people like - Which are what Hi-Fi/Med-Fi/Low-Fi speakers are for, whatever terminology you use.

no offense, but you need to shut up about audio. because you know nothing about it. I taught you a couple of things after your constance pestering and now you act like an audio god and that you know more than me about audio.

timblanchard ask for something with some good sound. Acoustic Energy winning the award for best pc speaker doesn't mean anything. look what you are comparing it too. pc speakers.

timblanchard have found out that there is better sound than pc speaker, he want to try out the better sound. that was what this thread was about. now if he was wanting to spend a few grand, I would give him more options. but for a few hundred dollars, studio monitors are the best way to go.

we've refer a few people to studio monitors. I haven't heard one complaint yet

you need to crawl back under your rock. you obvious don't now me. I know that most people here don't know about sound. I avoid these topics like the plague because I don't want to offend the people not in the know. but when people are specific about better sound I will tell them

if you do your history, you will see that we use to jump on people that jump on you guys who knew little about audio. 003 use to attack everybody with cheap speakers that din't have a high end sound card. our attitude was " they don't know any better. so why judge them.". We (me, crysalis and molsen) made him cut that stuff out

the problem we have now is people like you who swear that they know more than us. then you guys try to discredit us. I remember when you didn't know the difference from a mic or a speaker. now look at your name. yeah right. you are the same 13 year old who didn't know the difference from a mic or a speaker.

yes i know. no i don't think im a god, i think your's and crysalis's knowledge is far superior to mine, but sometime you know that and just won't think for one second what someone else may think is good, will be totally different to your idea of good.

Here is the truth; I AGREE. Monitors at this price are better than anything else... i was simply opening up more options, but as soon as a company crops up that you don't seem to like, or there not monitors. I have it thrown back in my face as if there some generic shi.t speakers you get from walmart.

no offense, but you need to shut up about audio. because you know nothing about it. I taught you a couple of things after your constance pestering and now you act like an audio god and that you know more than me about audio.

timblanchard ask for something with some good sound. Acoustic Energy winning the award for best pc speaker doesn't mean anything. look what you are comparing it too. pc speakers.

timblanchard have found out that there is better sound than pc speaker, he want to try out the better sound. that was what this thread was about. now if he was wanting to spend a few

grand, I would give him more options. but for a few hundred dollars, studio monitors are the best way to go.
we've refer a few people to studio monitors. I haven't heard one complaint yet

you need to crawl back under your rock. you obvious don't now me. I know that most people here don't know about sound. I avoid these topics like the plague because I don't want to
offendthe people not in the know. but when people are specific about better sound I will tell the
if you do your history, you will see that we use to jump on people that jump on you guys who knew little about audio. 003 use to attack everybody with cheap speakers that din't have a high end sound card. our attitude was " they don't know any better. so why judge them.". We (me, crysalis and molsen) made him cut that stuff out

the problem we have now is people like you who swear that they know more than us. then you guys try to discredit us. I remember when you didn't know the difference from a mic or a speaker. now look at your name. yeah right. you are the same 13 year old who didn't know the difference from a mic or a speaker.

Wah, i never remeber talking about a mic and speaker :s Also, just because you have been researching audio for longer, doesn't mean you are better ( You are, but thats not the point) Many 16 year old professional football players are better than there 25, 30 year old counterparts. And not just because there more fit, there just better.

arn't they quite similar... the driver generates a signal from the coil and sends it back down the wire, the opposite of a speaker. However, if you send it a signal it will infact produce sound, in the same way that a speaker will work as a microphone.

I don't think i belong here, do i ? I am far more suited to AVforums and Head-Fi.org were people agree, and backup what i say, because there just people that have listened to music for 40 years and have a vague idea of what sounds good, and what people will like..

I can't wait untill someone starts up a thread asking for someone to come up with a 5000dollar Stereo System... aha, we'll see then.

I know you hate me right now, but as you are better than me on the technical side of things, which DAC's do you think are better, Wolfson or Burr-Brown ? (sorry having a big argument over on some other forum)

yes i know. no i don't think im a god, i think your's and crysalis's knowledge is far superior to mine, but sometime you know that and just won't think for one second what someone else may think is good, will be totally different to your idea of good.

Here is the truth; I AGREE. Monitors at this price are better than anything else... i was simply opening up more options, but as soon as a company crops up that you don't seem to like, or there not monitors. I have it thrown back in my face as if there some generic shi.t speakers you get from walmart.

no you wasn't. you use to be a nice humble guy. than nvidiadude made the the statement that you was the guy that knows audio and you took it and ran with it like you are the king of audio. you discredit me 3 times before I ever said something back. how are you going to discredit me when i taught you some of the stuff.

Wah, i never remeber talking about a mic and speaker :s

arn't they quite similar... the driver generates a signal from the coil and sends it back down the wire, the opposite of a speaker. However, if you send it a signal it will infact produce sound, in the same way that a speaker will work as a microphone.

I don't think i belong here, do i ? I am far more suited to AVforums and Head-Fi.org were people agree, and backup what i say, because there just people that have listened to music for 40 years and have a vague idea of what sounds good, and what people will like..

I can't wait untill someone starts up a thread asking for someone to come up with a 5000dollar Stereo System... aha, we'll see then.

I know you hate me right now, but as you are better than me on the technical side of things, which DAC's do you think are better, Wolfson or Burr-Brown ? (sorry having a big argument over on some other forum)

the problem is you will say that the mic has a warm slight boost in the bass and it need a thousand hour of burn in to sound right.

look boy. I know good speakers and bad. I'm older than 13. I'm 38 with 31 years of experience behind me. if I don't like a certain brand of speakers I will tell you. I will only bad mouth poorly constructed speakers.

read the whole first post of the audio section. read my thousand of pm's that I got from people here asking for recommendation for good speakers, boy. I don't alway recommend studio monitors.

it like crysalis said. if I can get you a caddie for 500 bucks, I won't tell you the ford with the bad tie rods is ok to buy. I'm going to tell you that the ford is junk.

you are part of the new generation " Don't tell me the bad stuff about me, tell me the positive stuff." crybaby attitude.

bull. I'm going to tell the truth

Okay, sure.
But look back, after what NividiaDude said. Look how i answered.
By the way im 14.

Ahh yes, you don't beleive in burn in, do you ?
Physical moveing parts like speakers, i beleive in burn in, Amplifiers ... hmm not sure on that one, and cables - now thats utter crap.

Oh and if you could answer that DAC question i posted above id appreciate it, because i could add that it came from a Audio Genius and then i'd win :)

I only remember saying that make sure what you're saying has evidence is right before you post - or you will be corrected by EricB and Crysalis, which is true. I never slated the fact that the advice you give it bad.

Okay, sure.
But look back, after what NividiaDude said. Look how i answered.
By the way im 14.

Ahh yes, you don't beleive in burn in, do you ?
Physical moveing parts like speakers, i beleive in burn in, Amplifiers ... hmm not sure on that one, and cables - now thats utter crap.

Oh and if you could answer that DAC question i posted above id appreciate it, because i could add that it came from a Audio Genius and then i'd win :)

I only remember saying that make sure what you're saying has evidence is right before you post - or you will be corrected by EricB and Crysalis, which is true. I never slated the fact that the advice you give it bad.

it wasn't your answer that change you. it was the way you act afterward. like your poop don't stink

I told you have burn in originated from an audio wannabee like you. burn in wear speakers out. it only affect bass performance. my version of burn in is to play a speaker naturally and let it wear itself out. for some reason you thought that it would affect frequencies @12khz. that was really funny

I was purposely ignoring that. A guy that like z5500 logitech's know nothing about brown burr. why are you asking me question's if you are the audio guru?

the difference is them are so small on a grand scale that humans really can't tell the difference. a human can't tell the difference of something with a signal to noise ratio of 120db as opposed to something that 128db.

that the other section of audiophiles. they are the do too much audiophile. they **** near spend millions for that perfect sound. they get close to perfect sound (btw their is no such thing as perfect sound. I know that you didn't know that), but I'm nowhere in their price range to spend on equipment. if I had a 50 grand system then maybe I could hear a difference with those DAC too.

take that 13 becuase I know you didn't get any of that

I'm not, my vote goes Burr Brown, i need more votes for it. Hence asking you.

I have know idea why i said 12khz, probably typo.
Bass only.

What, yes i did get it. :confused:

God, i pray someone to start up a war on the Hi-Fi Power/Preamp kinda stuff... PLEASE.
Preferabley arguing about Solid State and Tube amplfier advantages and disadvantages.

There are audio people that fall into two categories; those that base the reasonings on technical (you and crysalis) and those that base theres on the sound that vibrates the innards of our ear (audiphiles, like me)

We will always argue, we will never agree, you will allways argue your ideas, i i will allways argue mine. So whats the point in arguing. On the first reply to the start of every post we should copy that:

There are audio people that fall into two categories; those that base the reasonings on technical (you and crysalis) and those that base theres on the sound that vibrates the innards of our ear (audiphiles, like me) And on depending on how the answer, the people that answer the post will differ.

Technically there may be no perfect sound, but out of perference there is.
I personally find the sound of Quad 22L through a Roksan Kandy pre/power setup my nirvana (the perfect sound, for me) , setups costing more and less have not satisfied me as much as these have.

Will you agree on one thing, that british make the best hi-fi equipment ? now that is fact.

man u guys are getting wayyy off topic (no offense, i do it all the time) just for u guys don't point at me for saying z5500's are good i'll say it right now, i don't know anything about audio i said the z5500's are good because thats all i need with an x-fi sc.

I'm not, my vote goes Burr Brown, i need more votes for it. Hence asking you.

I have know idea why i said 12khz, probably typo.
Bass only.

What, yes i did get it. :confused:

God, i pray someone to start up a war on the Hi-Fi Power/Preamp kinda stuff... PLEASE.
Preferabley arguing about Solid State and Tube amplfier advantages and disadvantages.

There are audio people that fall into two categories; those that base the reasonings on technical (you and crysalis) and those that base theres on the sound that vibrates the innards of our ear (audiphiles, like me)

We will always argue, we will never agree, you will allways argue your ideas, i i will allways argue mine. So whats the point in arguing. On the first reply to the start of every post we should copy that:

There are audio people that fall into two categories; those that base the reasonings on technical (you and crysalis) and those that base theres on the sound that vibrates the innards of our ear (audiphiles, like me) And on depending on how the answer, the people that answer the post will differ.

Technically there may be no perfect sound, but out of perference there is.
I personally find the sound of Quad 22L through a Roksan Kandy pre/power setup my nirvana (the perfect sound, for me) , setups costing more and less have not satisfied me as much as these have.

Will you agree on one thing, that british make the best hi-fi equipment ? now that is fact.

I have left and I've clear my head. I've have no business arguing with a 13 year old.

I will agree to one thing. you are not an audiophile. no 13 year ever is. you need ten year experience at the very least to be even considered one. kman you started like 3 month ago. cut it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom