Need some decent speakers for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
Hey

I would like some decent speakers for my PC. Strictly for listening to music. I would like to steer clear of plastic speakers though, from reading this section; although, I am open to suggestions. Also I would prefer HiFi speakers to monitors as I don't do a lot of recording.

Budget: around £150/$300

Thanks.

Hey

I would like some decent speakers for my PC. Strictly for listening to music. I would like to steer clear of plastic speakers though, from reading this section; although, I am open to suggestions. Also I would prefer HiFi speakers to monitors as I don't do a lot of recording.

Budget: around £150/$300

Thanks.

you would need a receiver with those speakers, so that is a more expensive option. we ignore the question because you said your budget is £150/$300 (what that in us dollars?) and you don't want studio monitors. in this case, there is really no answer

studio monitor are for recording, but they are not only for recording. they give a great listen experience as they give you flat neutral sound. you can use that in any setup, plus they have the amp(s) built right into them

some HiFi speakers are active arn't they?

I've heard that monitors can produce an unpleasant sound for listening due to them producing the music perfectly, which is not great for the music enhusiast.

that may be but the z5500 system is good, you wouldn't be disapointed for the price. anyways logitech is usually the only way to go for anything past 2.1 for pc.

yes, oh, sorry i didn't read the part where u said stricktly for music. but still if u want a good quality set for a good price go with the z5500, or go with what u want.

some HiFi speakers are active arn't they?

I've heard that monitors can produce an unpleasant sound for listening due to them producing the music perfectly, which is not great for the music enhusiast.

I dont like the term "HiFi".....but anyways....

In no way do monitors produce an unpleasant sound. Flat simply means the sound is reproduced as closely to the original source as possible, without unnecessary eq.

(The average person uses EQ to boost low and high frequencies, so they can make it "sound better" but in recording it is more commonly used to cut frequencies, making it truely sound better) Basically, the music is heard the way it was intended to be heard. Monitors do not distort, and have a wider range therefore, you can hear things you couldint before in the mix. Monitors can also use both balanced and unbalanced cables, and if you need more bass you can always add a monitor sub, although the larger higher end ones sound very very good without a sub, basically they dont need one.

that may be but the z5500 system is good, you wouldn't be disapointed for the price. anyways logitech is usually the only way to go for anything past 2.1 for pc.

Not really, studio monitors come in 5.1 configurations 5.1, and are made to be used with computer audio interfaces as well as other means of recording equipment. If youve never heard monitors before, then of course you will say that something from logitech is good. But to us guys who know about/work with audio, we can say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom